2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

1497764198743.gif

The Wall stuff is still funny to me when just a few months back he was saying he couldn't wait to see what him and Beal could do together during the summer :lol:

Now he's salty they wanna build with Beal after a career year when he hasn'tplayed since 2018?

Clips need to look into it if he's serious

Curious how much Bazemore got. I think he is probably good enough to get more than the minimum.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat , you a Mavs fan? Seen you lamenting loss of Seth, Delon, etc. I think y'all will be fine. Dallas replaced those guys with Richardson (just didn't fit in Philly), Terry, Green (UoA boy). Brunson ready for larger role and primed for more time in 25 MPG range. James Johnson versatile and on an expiring. Bey the conference DPOY at UC.
Lots of facts here... Seth is tough to replace but Delon was a constant letdown...

Expected more the whole year. Had some flashes but never showed any real consistency to earn more time, even after Brunson got hurt.

Brunson coming back was going to eat up all his minutes anyway.

The combination of Terry/Richardson seems like it’ll be a net positive upgrade from Seth.

They’re going to need Hardaway to repeat last year shooting the basketball.

Finally lol

If they don't end up with him their off season would be poor imo
It’s like you’re trying to push Trae out with stuff like paying a 32 year old Gallo $20M to either backup Collins or play out if position at the 3.

They desperately need this one to go through

Hawks are gonna be fascinating this year

Don't see them challenging for anything other than a playoff seed but they're gonna be arguably the most interesting squad in the East besides BK

Slightly washed Keef is still better than Patrick Patterson. Curious to who else they're targeting if they just won't sign him now.

That Harden trade wasn’t a real source but Steph is turning 32 this year. The Warriors should try to swing for a name.

Klay misses this year, spends next year playing himself into shape, probably doesn’t look like himself until the 2022-23 season. Steph will be 34 :lol:

I also still don’t fully understand the moving off of D’Lo for a guy who’s a negative asset and a protected 1st rounder, but what’s done is done :lol:

at that point, I'm pretty sure the rationale behind moving off D'Lo was that they had a strong enough backcourt between steph and klay + reserves. You're wasting D'Lo if he's not starting but you're not having him or klay move to the 3 spot so that they can all fit onto the court at once. I liked the wiggins trade, and still do. with the departure of KD, they needed a wing who could score. 6'8 with a 7'0 wingspan, he'll be fine with the rest of the starters this season.

With signing Serge and some health, I’m not sure the Clippers aren’t better going into next year.

Slightly washed Keef is still better than Patrick Patterson. Curious to who else they're targeting if they just won't sign him now.

Yeah, I don’t get the hesitation unless they’re working on something bigger. Just go ahead and activate the Wonder Twins.

Without making any further moves, I really do think the Warriors are going to struggle to make the playoffs, let alone make the 2nd round. Other teams in the West simply have more talent and continuity. I think these 6 are for sure going to be better barring injuries-

Lakers
Clippers
Nuggets
Mavericks
Jazz
Blazers

Until any trades are made, I'd put Houston in there too despite their issues. Think the Suns are better as well. That's 8.

There are a few things to consider for the Warriors:
- how good will Wiseman be and how much will he improve as the season progress
- can Wiggins elevate his game? Even slightly to become a more efficient 20+ point scorer?
- How will Steph perform in this new role, will/ can he go nuts and win games that way? He was never put in that situation so it will be interesting.

I can see them doing better than the Jazz. I can see the Rockets slipping but will remain competitive. I can see the wolves making a run but maybe end up at the 9th or 10th spot and would have to do the play in tournament. I can see the Suns making the playoffs.

It's going to be crowded, it's going to be tough. But it's not a stretch to say they can make the 6th seed.

Back
Top Bottom