2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Yes u don’t pay small 1 dimensional guards
that kinda $$$
You do that deal every time if your org is in Salt Lake City of all places

He got a similar deal to Jamal Murray

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 10.39.33 AM.png

did not watch a lot of kings' games last year. Can yall remind me of why there's an arms race for Bogdan?

good secondary ball handler/playmaker and when he’s shooting consistently from the field he’s hard to guard

some of his shot selection though infuriated me and he does this double pump fake three point shot at least once a game that would want me pull my hair out :lol:

he’s 28 so he’s bit older than the younger kings core but I don’t see a reason why the kings wouldn’t match

For a 7 game series in which he lost :lol:

He was 24ppg for the year...

He’s a max player though so Utah had to give him the whole bag.

36/5/5 at 24 years old. There wasn’t anything more he could do the push them over the top.

and he’s a top 5 player at his position. It’s a no brainer.

Utah has to do it. That doesn’t mean it’s not a silly number for what he is.

Calling it now, Hawks in the playoffs this year.

If they get Bogdan, we'll be seeing the new era splash bros with Ice Trae and Bogdan.

And they're deeper with added vet presence.

Where was this uproar for D. Fox's same contract lol

They both were going to get the contracts because of their talent and because of the cities they play for

Booker got a similar deal. Murray got a similar deal. Simmons got a similar deal. Ingram gonna get a similar deal

The only player I'd say for sure is better than Mitchell out of those is Booker

there are many players getting paid max who are not worth it. Thats not the point.

Westbrrok
Wall
PG
Kemba
Tobias
Conley
Hayward
Wiggins
Fox

Just to name a few. And we're hear debating Donovan???

Slow morning

minus Wiggins all of those guys had the combo of production and winning when they got the deal. Are they worth it now? Not all of them.

there are 30 teams in the league with usually 2 max slots per team. That’s means you’re a top 60 guy. Max deal doesn’t mean top 10 player

Russ PG Kemba and Wall were all-nba guys when they signed their deals, they are absolutely worth the max lol

I think many like to equate max contract to being a superstar.

If you're good and the face of the best player on the team (and young), you're getting maxed out. Plain and simple.

John Wall. Even when he was healthy wasn’t a max player. But unfortunately that’s how the league is. Then they wanna get mad

minus Wiggins all of those guys had the combo of production and winning when they got the deal. Are they worth it now? Not all of them.

there are 30 teams in the league with usually 2 max slots per team. That’s means you’re a top 60 guy. Max deal doesn’t mean top 10 player
Absolutely correct. Max contracts are just max contracts. It forces teams to pay it because you have to keep your asset.

Good point in saying 60 players can get max deals, so thats all you have to do is being a top 50-60 to get a max.

I would say more max deals are not worth it half way through. and if it is worth it, you're a superstar.

Back
Top Bottom