2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Kawhi didn't even play "that bad." It was really just game 2 and 7 that stood out. And it obviously wasn't on par with this 2019 postseason which is probably what a lot of people are comparing it to. Hard to replicate. PG on the other hand...

I had zero expectation/hope they would win game 7 against the Nuggets, so I personally don’t make too much out of Kawhi’s performance in that particular game. It might be somewhat illogical on my part, but that’s how I feel.

I blame everyone for the choke overall, but the Clippers lost that series with Game 6.

Last edited:
Kawhi was taking bad shots and missing open guys all series. He been ducking defensive fades for years too.

he ain’t PG bad though

He shot 45% from the field in the Denver series. 43% in the finals last year. Don't think shooting was the issue.

The defense is something that deserves a deeper look though.

He shot 45% from the field in the Denver series. 43% in the finals last year. Don't think shooting was the issue.

The defense is something that deserves a deeper look though.

and it was 40% the finals 3 games, all losses. He was 1-11 game 7 in the second half. He’s gotta eat some of the slander though he’s a still a great player.

Clippers had terrible team defense. Can’t expect one guy to shoulder the load fully. Luka Doncic killed the whole team.

Lou Will can’t check anyone. Pat Bevs calling card is defense but, he’s been honestly below average the past year or so.

If anything, I don’t know why Kawhi had much faith in PG....

Clippers had terrible team defense. Can’t expect one guy to shoulder the load fully. Luka Doncic killed the whole team.

Lou Will can’t check anyone. Pat Bevs calling card is defense but, he’s been honestly below average the past year or so.

i mean PG didn't seem like the first option from all the reports during FA last year and can't blame him for having faith in PG since he did just come off a 3rd place finish in MVP voting.

team full of dawgs shouldn’t be dying on switches and leaving reggie Jackson on Luka

I honestly think his shoulders still weren't right. Regardless, he was out there so the blame is warranted. But if we're searching for reasons why he was horrendous, that could definitely be a reason. Just look at Cam Newton for reference. Dude had shoulder surgeries and still doesn't look right mechanically. Avery Bradley had two shoulder surgeries at the same time and it took him a minute too.

PG shot 41% from 3 on 8 attempts per game. His shoulders ain’t the problem. No disrespect to mental illness, his head is the problem.

he’s a scrub. No self awareness

Scrub is harsh :lol:

He has a lot of people to prove wrong though. Could definitely be an issue with his confidence, ego or something.

He has a lot of people to prove wrong though. Could definitely be an issue with his confidence, ego or something.

hes a scrub because he is. It has nothing to do with talent. He said last season wasn’t a must win season, weak. He dissed dame after dotting him for a game winner, weak. He doubled down on it after dame missed those free throws. He got dudes like Seth curry calling him a BAN. HE HIT THE SIDE OF THE BACKBOARD

Honestly wanted Bazz to come on home. Not enough space though. He's been a decent back up for a few years.

126275534_4179755562071168_5367543670017192333_o.jpg

Definitely is. You can tell he doesn’t have the kind of unflappable/borderline irrational confidence that a lot of the greats do - at least not all the time.

Clippers must be working on a deal for a PG or else they probably would have brought Reggie back already. We’ll see though.

Back
Top Bottom