2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Y’all just being dishonest thinking the political landscape ain’t affecting sports ratings ain’t just cord cutting

I remember we were talking about the lower nba ratings during the bubble & most thought it was a non-issue. I didn't know until this video about the ratings for the finals. Do people still think this is a non-issue? Love to hear takes from both sides.
Significant overlap this year between all major sports, everyone’s ratings took a hit.

The far bigger issue for all of these leagues is recouping gate revenue, which I think makes up almost half of what the NBA brings in. Major major hit.

At least the finals for the wnba and pga went up. Not sure why the nba finals stayed down. LeBron fatigue? Overlap? Who knows. Finals ratings have dropped every year since 2017

people aren't too focused on sports with everything going on in this world.
cap is going to be much lowered, which was expected. i don't think you'll see many teams committing to the big contracts anytime soon

did not help the nba finals when they went up agains the nfl a couple times

I remember we were talking about the lower nba ratings during the bubble & most thought it was a non-issue. I didn't know until this video about the ratings for the finals. Do people still think this is a non-issue? Love to hear takes from both sides.
Sports ratings are down across the board for every league and sport, you know cause there's still a pandemic going on affecting peoples livelihoods daily, yet only the NBA ratings get talked about and highlighted constantly and its 100% purely for political reasons.

These folks concern trolling don't actually give 2 ****s about the NBA or basketball when talking that up.

Y’all just being dishonest thinking the political landscape ain’t affecting sports ratings ain’t just cord cutting

No one said that though. There's a ton of reasons why ratings are down.
We're in the middle of a pandemic during the most politicized election EVER. All sports ratings are down since they're competing with each other, and without fans.
Add to the fact that most people have cut the cord. I watched every single game I wanted to this year with a simple Google search.
The political landscape is a factor, but there's so many variables at play, it's impossible to credit one reason. But THEY will try to politicize ratings as well to play in their favor.
Them folks wasn't watching T.J. Warren face off against Julius Randle on a random Tuesday.

Great vid on game 5, 6, 7 2016.

especially the section on his defense.

2013 is probably peak athleticism + intelligence Lebron, he could sustain GOAT level performance for 82 games + playoffs.

but 2016 Bron might be the one Id take in a single playoff run.

Lower rating for games that were on 3pm on a Tuesday? Worried about that? NBA saved themselves 1 billion in losses with the bubble after they spent what they did. What other number matters?

Lol stop. Same hicks said they quit Nike, hockey, nfl and nascar. Sports taking a “hit” just means they don’t make as much PROFIT.

Significant overlap this year between all major sports, everyone’s ratings took a hit.

The far bigger issue for all of these leagues is recouping gate revenue, which I think makes up almost half of what the NBA brings in. Major major hit.

"Ticket sales and concessions are not actually one of the main income streams of the NBA, TV rights make up over 50% of total revenue."

Ironically the WNBA had the most controversial movement and their ratings gain were the greatest

🤔

i saw a comment saying going from 100 to 115 isn't a big deal.

had me rolling famb

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

also it looks like they only used the WNBA finals.

"Ticket sales and concessions are not actually one of the main income streams of the NBA, TV rights make up over 50% of total revenue."

Along with revenue sharing, all teams depend on gate receipts, as NBA commissioner Adam Silver has said approximately 40 percent of the league's revenue is from game-night ticket sales.

Link

Financials aren’t public so who really knows

i thought we went over this last time...the main reason why the ratings dropped is because the Warriors were out with injuries. Steph & Co will bring those #s back up next season.

On NT

Back
Top Bottom