2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Didn't know Ingram was a free agent. Why didn't he sign an extension like most guys do on their rookie contracts?
He's a restricted FA. He had just gotten traded last summer and was coming off that health scare. Was definitely worth it from New Orleans perspective to see what they had with him for a full season in their system. He'll get a max from the Pels the minute free agency opens.

It’s a lot to digest. I’ll let you or someone else translate, but im pretty sure he scrapped it
Time value of money tells you a dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow or a year from now or 10 years from now.

So he basically wants more of his contract money up front so he can invest it today & it can start growing today, rather than waiting to invest it years from now when he actually gets paid.

So to get that money, he’s offering you the ability to invest in his ability, and your investment will return between 7% - 10% over 3 years, with his fully guaranteed contract obviously being the collateral here.

Silver struck it down, though.

7A220A27-1418-4C4B-99DA-76FDF2EE9723.gif

Kinda true... Dude ain't played a game in 2 years... and that super max ain't even kick in yet :lol:

Yikes!

As they should take one last run at it. Last thing you want going forward is more bad contract with a bad trade.

Yea I don't blame them at all, impossible to get comparable value for him and you're still a contender with him so why not roll the dice on one more year if he says no.

Been fully expecting them to be active in the trade market this offseason to gear up for one more run. Wouldn't surprise me if they made a strong push for CP or another superstar to really go all in

Yea I don't blame them at all, impossible to get comparable value for him and you're still a contender with him so why not roll the dice on one more year if he says no.

Been fully expecting them to be real active in the trade market to gear up for one more run

I think they end up with CP0 somehow

Back
Top Bottom