2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Vassell has been impressive in every game. That team seems like it's getting overrun w/ guards/wings but I can see him climbing the ladder near the front.
Yeah it's going to be interesting to see what they do. Derrick White is up for a new contract this summer too. They going to pay both him and Dejounte?

Yeah it's going to be interesting to see what they do. Derrick White is up for a new contract this summer too. They going to pay both him and Dejounte?

I certainly hope not :lol:

I don't dislike either of them as players, but I've always found them to be an odd pairing. Hopefully Lonnie Walker takes a leap and they can move somebody.

I will be annoyed if Derrick White gets paid, but we all saw what Pop did in FIBA with this guy. Nothing surprises me anymore.

Westbrook should not have wont that MVP IMO. Will never waver on that stance.

I certainly hope not :lol:

I don't dislike either of them as players, but I've always found them to be an odd pairing. Hopefully Lonnie Walker takes a leap and they can move somebody.
White was on my list of TPE targets for the Cs. Don't see the Spurs letting go of him this season but maybe open to some sort of S&T in the offseason if they don't want to keep him.

He was a solid 15/4/4 on 63 TS% after the ASB.

In a league where average swingmen get $15M per year, it did not make sense to me Vassell dropped in the draft.

Looking at you New York and Phoenix.

Jalen Smith over him is more egregious than Obi.

Vassell was my personal pick once I knew we were picking 8th.

Why would the Rockets leak this stuff when they're trying to get as much as possible for him?

That award gets discredited all the time. Fraudulent MVP has been thrown around a lot. And just stat padding been a common yet stupid refrain.

With Russ it's real divided because of his reckless style. Some people like it, some people hate it. Then when we've watched him be a major reason why his teams don't win in the playoffs, he himself discredits that award.

Jalen Smith over him is more egregious than Obi.

Vassell was my personal pick once I knew we were picking 8th.
Jalen Smith going to be better than Obi in 2 years, fwiw.

I would’ve picked Vassell over both of them though if I were Knicks or Suns.

With Russ it's real divided because of his reckless style. Some people like it, some people hate it. Then when we've watched him be a major reason why his teams don't win in the playoffs, he himself discredits that award.

It's a regular season award. Nobody is discrediting Giannis cause of his futility in the playoffs. I know Brodie is polarizing as hell. But you take all the MVPs of the last decade, only maybe Bron and KD maintained or elevated their regular season play through the playoffs. Even Steph was significantly worse in that 16 playoff where he was unanimous MVP. It happens. The regular season is a separate entity.

Just strictly from a basketball, hoops mixtape perspective, Russ MVP season was immaculate. That was him at his most supreme. I wasn't mad that he won especially since he blocked harden from getting it. I just wish voters would've had the same appreciation for Kobe in 06 despite his team's record

Thybulle is the JuJu Smith-Schuster of this squad. Dude just loves being a content creator more than basketball

He’s really bad. Milkshake looked real solid though. So that’s good for you guys.
I’m still so mad Philly fans said his ceiling was Kawhi.....

He showed moments of great defense last year. But not gonna let him hold up a potential harden deal

Back
Top Bottom