2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

90A38C2B-691A-4CFC-A083-7A9A9FD9A72D.jpeg

anyone who had the time and energy to formulate this graph don’t know **** about hoops in the first place.

AD has played more playoff games than your franchise has in 20 years.... As you know making the playoffs is difficult.
Stay on topic b. Career averages is just a little misleading when we're really talking about this year playing advanced pickup in Disneyworld alongside Lebron James.

For 7 seasons he wasn't that guy but 1 year in the purp and piss and now he's the best player alive >D

James Harden gets numbers and loses: Trash
AD gets numbers and loses: Praise

This was the first time AD was worthy of a tier one mention to me and mostly because he worked on the two glaring holes in his game.

The AD mystique taking off like this because he's a Laker now is truly amazing. Power of the brand/Bron

I Just watched AD dominate both ends of the floor on his way to winning a championship... he has a career playoff average of 29/11/3 on 55/35/83 and has a career playoff PER that is only behind MJ & George Mikan......... but nah not tier 1 :lol::lol:

Imagine paying monthly for this type of "Analysis"

tenor.gif

#WEBELIEVE
LeBron really is the 🐐. want a championship with a second tier superstar and a bunch of role players

Stay on topic b. Career averages is just a little misleading when we're really talking about this year playing advanced pickup in Disneyworld alongside Lebron James.

For 7 seasons he wasn't that guy but 1 year in the purp and piss and now he's the best player alive >D

What is misleading about a guy who's an elite two way player his entire career stepping it up in the playoffs?

Honestly his averages before Lebron were higher & at the same efficiency (- threes) :lol: . I'm Sorry he couldn't get past the Warriors with Etuan Moore & Rajon Rondo

no one is saying he's the best player alive but the rationale that he's a second-tier superstar after seeing what he did in the playoffs is ridiculous. He's certified top five

No one ever praised AD for losing. people were able to recognize the difference between Harden's situation (competent front office and good team built around him) and ADs situation in NO. Even going into this year's playoffs there was a ton of "We can't trust AD in the playoffs" talk

This was the first time Brainerd.
worthy of a tier one mention to me and mostly because he worked on the two glaring holes in his game.

The AD mystique taking off like this because he's a Laker now is truly amazing. Power of the brand/Bron

Kawhi got elevated to best in the world off one legendary playoff run and basically 2 elite regular seasons though.

He objectively was the best player on the Lakers through the West playoffs. Bron was better in the finals.

He's also had none of the repeated blunders that haunt Harden. Partly because of the lack of playoffs beforehand but it is what it is. AD proved himself to be a worst really top 3 in the world and maybe the best 2 way player in the game.

I would say it was warranted. AD is in the same bucket as Giannis to me. Tier one guy who for some reason needs to be a complimentary piece, not the Lynch pin. We shall see though, in due time AD will be the best player on the Lakers, still in his prime age.

Page 81 RIP Kobe.

This was the first time AD was worthy of a tier one mention to me and mostly because he worked on the two glaring holes in his game.

You mean the film maker & the Brand that couldn't even sign Lamarcus Aldridge?? Can't be the reason :lol:

What is misleading about a guy who's an elite two way player his entire career stepping it up in the playoffs?

Honestly his averages before Lebron were higher & at the same efficiency (- threes) :lol: . I'm Sorry he couldn't get past the Warriors with Etuan Moore & Rajon Rondo
Good for AD on being efficient when he was getting swept by the warriors in the first round

In regards to this AD talk, who are the greatest "ceiling riser" talents in NBA history?

In regards to this AD talk, who are the greatest "ceiling riser" talents in NBA history?

You could pretty much put any extremely Elite big in this convo, None of them have won w/o having elite Shot creators around them except Hakeem... People try to throw out he had Lebron as a way to discredit

Wilt/West, Shaq/Kobe, Russell/Cousy, Kareem/Big O/ Magic etc etc

Kawhi put up 31/9/4 on 49/38/88 in the playoffs and got elevated from fringe top 10ish given the previous year he only played 9 games. AD just put up 28/10/4 on 57/38/83 and there's still people doubting he's at worst a tier 1/top 5 player? C'mon man. Y'all wanna to give Bron all the credit but the team was actually better in the playoffs with just AD on the floor than they were with just Bron on the floor in net rating. A complete reversal from the regular season.

You could pretty much put any extremely Elite big in this convo, None of them have won w/o having elite Shot creators around them except Hakeem... People try to throw out he had Lebron as a way to discredit

Wilt/West, Shaq/Kobe, Russell/Cousy, Kareem/Big O/ Magic etc etc
On the flip side, I think Harden and Dirk are two of the best baseline talents in recent history.

Back
Top Bottom