2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams have been getting criticized by everyone in here for the past 5 years with the deals they were making.

Handing out money before it was needed, trading all of their top picks for established guys.

it was wild. Nobody was going all in like the Rams did. They overpaid, short term, to get players who would end up being underpaid once the market reset. (I.e. Kupp).

It was beautiful to see even though behind the scenes, I was white knuckling over here.

Year after year, I kept hearing they were “mortgaging their future” :lol:

Damn these Dolphins
giphy-downsized-large.gif

NYC
LA
Chicago
Miami
Atlanta
New Orleans
SF
Dallas
Houston

Anywhere else has to be a contender or it’s a no from me dawg

id factor in taxes..

but give me warm weather and ocean views.. and then I’m looking at places like atlanta.. Charlotte is an underrated one.. also looking at seattle over cities like Chicago or Philly.. denver would also be up there

have zero desire for overly cold and skyscraper type cities

but LA I’d have to check where that stadium is exactly and where I’d be able to get a nice spot.. like I ain’t trying deal with headaches everyday to get through traffic

miami is a great example because I could get a nice place in north Miami

also vegas would be up there

After spending this last week in LA, it’s a no for me. Weather is great but hot damn that traffic is terrible. Takes you half an hour to just go a few miles.

So, to recap what we've seen so far......

Dak paid, loses #1 WR
Rodgers paid, loses #1 WR
Mahomes paid, loses #1 WR (And Mathieu)

Burrow on rookie deal, Bengals sign ton of OL help in FA
Herbert on rookie deal, Chargers add JC Jackson and Khalil Mack via FA/Trade
Tua on rookie deal, Dolphins add Armstead and Tyreek via FA/Trade

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup, NOTHIN to see here. Absolutely nothin to see. Totally a coincidence league wide. Just all in my mind. I made all this **** up. :lol:

Hell, I even held off on Stafford with Von leaving, Woods leaving, and OBJ leaving, because at least Stafford took less money than he could have, and that netted him ARob to replace OBJ. So I'm not sure yet where to slot his movement.

I even held off on Stafford with Von leaving, Woods leaving, and OBJ leaving, because at least Stafford took less money than he could have, and that netted him ARob to replace OBJ. So I'm not sure yet where to slot his movement.
I gotchu:
Dak paid, loses #1 WR
Rodgers paid, loses #1 WR
Mahomes paid, loses #1 WR (And Mathieu)
Stafford signs for $40mil for 4 years, did not lose #1 WR, gains another team's talented WR.

No mention of Russy?

Wilson signs an extension of $40mil over 4 plus $65mil signing bonus, does not lose #1 WR, Broncos sign edge rusher Randy Gregory.

-foe

After spending this last week in LA, it’s a no for me. Weather is great but hot damn that traffic is terrible. Takes you half an hour to just go a few miles.

Yup, that, taxes and cost of living all reasons I’d stay away

Like from what I heard San Diego woulda worked

But give me a nice chill city with shh is accessible but I don’t need to spend millions for less than 2,000 sq ft

Once I knew the decision was Hill's to be made, I knew he wouldn't choose NY. Feels sad man.

Lesson learned - state income tax matters, but sucking for a decade now probably didn't help the Jets cause either. Until the Jets starting winning, FA's, unless truly bag desperate, will go elsewhere if they can. It's just the reality.

Kudos to Joe Douglas for taking a big swing today tho. KC accepted our offer; Hill just wanted Miami. That's literally what it came down to.

I gotchu:

Stafford signs for $40mil for 4 years, did not lose #1 WR, gains another team's talented WR.

No mention of Russy?

Wilson signs an extension of $40mil over 4 plus $65mil signing bonus, does not lose #1 WR, Broncos sign edge rusher Randy Gregory.

-foe

Wilson is a REALLY bad example. Russ got paid, in Seattle, they stopped winning, and he got traded. (to a team that was gearing up for Rodgers if he chose them)

Now we see how he does in Denver. (in a murderous division tho)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom