2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crying Goofy Floating GIF.gif

Exactly how I remember from the 2000 era. I used to drive around for work and would have various shows on thru the day, back then Colin Cowherd was local here in Oregon, Dan Patrick, and of course Rome. Rome never actually talked about the game, or broke down anything, he just trash talked. :lol:

But, I guess I could see how he might have been one of the first and if that's true, he deserves the credit, but I have personally never liked anything with his show in terms of learning or info. He either sucks off his interviews or lets his callers bash each other for giggles.

To me, DP is best show overall for news, info, interviews etc. Even when he was at ESPN and had Dibble with him, his show always had insightful guests and what not.

I learned a long time ago that MOST of those radio hosts know nothing about sports. I agree with you on DP, he seems to do the best of actually giving good information whether via him, the Dannettes, or his guests. I listened to his show for years until my schedule changed. I heard they tot rid of McLovin :{

Rome is strictly inside jokes and **** talking and that was highly entertaining to me :lol Thinking of it now, it really was like NT in the sense that when something big/funny happened in sports i couldn’t wait to see all the jokes the next morning :lol I wasn’t listening to get groundbreaking info or even to listen to the guests. When I listened on the podcast, i would legit skip the interviews to get back to the jokes :lol

I think the Rome being an OG thing is due to him having the first national sports talk show in the country. Like, that used to be thought of as a local thing that couldn’t being ratings, and he was able to turn it into a big national industry.

I learned a long time ago that MOST of those radio hosts know nothing about sports. I agree with you on DP, he seems to do the best of actually giving good information whether via him, the Dannettes, or his guests. I listened to his show for years until my schedule changed. I heard they tot rid of McLovin :smh:

Rome is strictly inside jokes and **** talking and that was highly entertaining to me :lol: Thinking of it now, it really was like NT in the sense that when something big/funny happened in sports i couldn’t wait to see all the jokes the next morning :lol: I wasn’t listening to get groundbreaking info or even to listen to the guests. When I listened on the podcast, i would legit skip the interviews to get back to the jokes :lol:

I think the Rome being an OG thing is due to him having the first national sports talk show in the country. Like, that used to be thought of as a local thing that couldn’t being ratings, and he was able to turn it into a big national industry.
Local sports talk radio is the worst, those dudes don’t be knowing much or failed at something before landing there acting like local celebrities :lol :{ … In Baltimore they got a former police chief that went to prison, one of the worst GM’s that the DC football team ever had (Cerrato) and Jason La Canfora hosting and taking calls :lol :sick:

I quickly realized it’s not all about sports but a chance for ppl to vent and socialize

Pretty sure he'll have teams lining up the second he drops a hint at wanting to come back to coaching :lol

Gotta think there's no way Jerrah would let him go elsewhere too

Broncos vs Hawks MNF week 1. Wonder how the reception in Seattle will be for Wilson?? Should be a standing O but I'm sure there will be the salty fans that boo (should be the minority if I had to guess though).

Oh boy the Cowboys got the easiest schedule. Time for them to win 13-15 games and get stomped in the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom