2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
chiefs going win 10-13 games

shh gotta go horribly wrong for an Andy Reid team not to win double digit games

Last edited:
Lenny's take on the Raiders winning the AFCW isn't that outlandish to me.

- Chiefs are still the favorites but losing Cheetah is huge for them and as GOODT as Mahomes is the offense is gonna take a will to adjust. Also gotta see how Mahomes bounces back from a bit of a down season by the insanely lofty standards he set in his first few as the full time Chiefs QB,

- Broncos: Russ is Russ and he has some nice weapons around him but there are sure to be some growing pains so they might not come blazing out the gate

-Chargers: Herbo is the goods and will continue to eat crow on how wrong I was about him coming out the draft. I just don't trust Staley and his playcalling based on some of the foolishness he did last season.

- Raiders: While I'm not as high on Carr as the other QBs in the division, the addition of Davante will hopeful encourage him to sling the ball down the field more and not settle for those checkdowns he loves so much. They add Ngakoue to bolster that Dline with Crosby. Their secondary is an issue. And of course the elephant in the room is Josh McDaniels. His last head coaching stint in Denver wasn't great and Belicheck disciples have a horrible track record as head coaches.

Bottom line, I think the Chiefs are the favorites to win the AFCW and if they still had Cheetah would be the prohibitive favorites. The Raiders have the second best odds to win the division.

Will be fun to watch.

For those overly concerned about chiefs losing cheetah..

id suggest looking at the eagles WRs before we drafted desean and maclin and outside the 1 year TO actually played for us

then look at how many times reid was getting those squads to 10 or more wins

Lenny's take on the Raiders winning the AFCW isn't that outlandish to me.

- Chiefs are still the favorites but losing Cheetah is huge for them and as GOODT as Mahomes is the offense is gonna take a will to adjust. Also gotta see how Mahomes bounces back from a bit of a down season by the insanely lofty standards he set in his first few as the full time Chiefs QB,

- Broncos: Russ is Russ and he has some nice weapons around him but there are sure to be some growing pains so they might not come blazing out the gate

-Chargers: Herbo is the goods and will continue to eat crow on how wrong I was about him coming out the draft. I just don't trust Staley and his playcalling based on some of the foolishness he did last season.

- Raiders: While I'm not as high on Carr as the other QBs in the division, the addition of Davante will hopeful encourage him to sling the ball down the field more and not settle for those checkdowns he loves so much. They add Ngakoue to bolster that Dline with Crosby. Their secondary is an issue. And of course the elephant in the room is Josh McDaniels. His last head coaching stint in Denver wasn't great and Belicheck disciples have a horrible track record as head coaches.

Bottom line, I think the Chiefs are the favorites to win the AFCW and if they still had Cheetah would be the prohibitive favorites. The Raiders have the second best odds to win the division.

Will be fun to watch.

They traded Yannick for Ya-Sin but got Chandler Jones to replace him.

you my guy but damn that's scorching! :lol:

Someone's gotta start it off this season.

But I don't believe it's a hot take.

For those overly concerned about chiefs losing cheetah..

id suggest looking at the eagles WRs before we drafted desean and maclin and outside the 1 year TO actually played for us

then look at how many times reid was getting those squads to 10 or more wins

While I understand the Reid component, the Eagles never had to really deal with a division stacked top to bottom like this and they always had a great defense. The Chiefs defense is a big question mark, especially after losing 2 of their biggest leaders in Honey Badger and Hitchens.

And Jones with Crosby is probably the best paired up edge rushers in the division, which is what you need to get after those other Qs.

Mack and Bosa is pretty scary too.

I try not to be biased but I think the Raiders have as good a chance as any team in the division at winning it.

They had a really solid offseason.

AFCW is wide open but coaching matters. I’m not betting against Andy Reid w/ a prime Mahomes.

While I understand the Reid component, the Eagles never had to really deal with a division stacked top to bottom like this and they always had a great defense. The Chiefs defense is a big question mark, especially after losing 2 of their biggest leaders in Honey Badger and Hitchens.

I see your points.. but as long as shh don’t go horribly wrong, reid going find his way to double digit wins

I can’t say the same for the remainder of the division even with the talent elsewhere

They traded Yannick for Ya-Sin but got Chandler Jones to replace him.

Forget about this. Jones makes their Dline even more formidable provided he can stay on the field, which has been an issue in his career.

A lot of games the Chiefs wouldn't have won without Cheetah. Nobody opens up the field like he does.

Albeit a small sample size 15s numbers were actually really good when Cheetah was out. Less of a tendency to stare down either 10 or 87. This will be the most intriguing year of Chiefs football since 15 was announced as the new starter.

Chiefs lost arguably their 2 or 3rd best player and the whole division got better. It is going to be a very interesting year.

20220725_150342.jpg

2015, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"
2016, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"
2017, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"
2018, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"
2019, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"
2020, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"
2021, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"
2022, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"

2023, *Ctrl+V*

2015, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"
2016, "you're gonna see with Derek Carr"