2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
being a Pac 12 guy, I saw Herberts entire career and what he is doing now is stunning. Did not see this at all.

Might be more of an indictment on the Oregon staff.

I can’t remember, but I don’t think they asked him to really do much beyond a limited amount of things

and then he was kinda showing out at the senior bowl between athleticism and the passes he was able to make from an arm strength perspective

Nope.. but dude was good at the senior bowl/practices

can’t remember and obviously others can better to speak to it, but don’t feel like he was in a great situation at Oregon

but with Tua, dude was coming in with hip, knee and ankle shh going

Yeah I got the reluctance on Tua due to injuries but not that Herbert was the guy at that time

This isn't like the Deshaun/Trubisky situation where one was clearly better than the other

Yeah I got the reluctance on Tua due to injuries but not that Herbert was the guy at that time

This isn't like the Deshaun/Trubisky situation where one was clearly better than the other

Wasn’t the case at all. From what I remember, Herbert had the edge on Tua in terms of physical tools, but it was pretty much the consensus that Tua was the more polished quarterback. Herbert had a lot of question marks before the draft.

I'm not even gonna lie, I definitely wanted Tua over Herbert before the draft but I was happy with the pick when it played out. Always thought Herbert was solid.

Last edited:
Folks really sold on Herbert like that after his last year in Oregon?

Nope. Thankfully, even they admit, today even, that they didn't see this coming from him.

But listen to other folks tell it now, it was always like that. It wasn't. Chargers deserve a ton of credit for handling him properly. We'd be playing him at fullback or havin him hand off to Malcolm Brown 30 times a game. :smh: :lol:

Herbert had huge questions and then he went up after the senior bowl

don’t think anyone saw this right away.. but even with him raising after the senior bowl, people didn’t see him going as high as he did

but with tua, people thought the gamble was injury wise or he probably woulda been set to go higher

Yeah of course overlooking him at the time wasn't bad.

It's like the Pats passing on AJ, DK and Deebo in favor of N'Keal. At the time it seemed like the safe pick. But now, damn.

I just assumed pats would go AJ brown, worst case he was going be a beast in the slot

I didn't think Herbert was going to be this at all. I think it's funny when teams get laughed at for passing on a player in hindsight but nobody says **** when the pick actually happens :lol:
Like I don't remember any Herbert hype outside of he'd go in the 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom