2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diggs ain’t twitchy at all… he was struggling to even keep up with CD. He need to play more off coverage. His a*** gone be a safety if he keeps getting burnt.

He doesn’t have elite footspeed. I don’t know why they got him in press man.

He needs to be 5-7 yards off quicker and faster receivers
He’s really a WR like his bro, but that wasn’t getting him on the field in Bama…Backpedaling ain’t for him, he needs to be moving forward so safety might be for the best if yo confident in being the last line of defense

When I see high interception numbers, I assume QBs are targeting you.
Oh for sure. Still gotta catch it though.

Just watched some videos of him in camp and his foot speed is'nt there, it looks like a linebacker or box safety is playing man coverage. He should never press.

Might wanna take that Sherman approach and master cover two zone

Last edited:
He’s really a WR like his bro, but that wasn’t getting him on the field in Bama…Backpedaling ain’t for him, he needs to be moving forward so safety might be for the best if yo confident in being the last line of defense

You and aNYone aNYone both right. His ball skills gone always be elite because he was a former receiver.

I feel like as a coach, ain’t NO WAY in hell this man needs to be in press man against fast receivers. If we’re playing speedy guys like Tyreek or Jamarr Chase, diggs needs to be 5-7 yards off, in off man coverage. Like aNYone aNYone said like Sherman. Against possession receivers that’s cool. So be it.

Diggs is a 4.5 40 guy. Bruh doesn’t have elite closing speed in space. If the pass rush doesn’t get there and he misses his jam, he’s toast.

D-coordinator is doing him a disservice to constantly have him in press man when that’s not his skill set.

They had buddy pressing that 4.3 speed TE in practice and he got left.

Coaches keep setting him for failure putting him on an island AND got him in press man coverage. That’s ridiculous. Bruh has elite skills but these coaches need to be smart. They’ve all saw the film.

He doesn’t have elite top end speed. That’s reserved for guys like Deion, Rod Woodson, Jalen Ramsey, Champ.

He needs to watch Asante Samuels film

To be a press guy especially now with the current rules on top of the emphasis on speed and route running because of the rule changes you gotta be fast with quickness

Unless you’re playing zone.. but CBs are getting moved to safety and Ss are getting moved to LBs

But dude would do work with Pete carroll

Diggs will give up 300 passing yards but come up with 2 picks during the game and people will be like
2D8FA4F5-4FC2-4700-94EC-F0836636BC24.gif

dude had more interceptions individually than 11 teams did combined…

diggs is what he is…every corner gets beat…jamar did ramsey in in the bowl. it happens.

every corner gets beat, not every corner gets 11 tho!!!

eleven is a very high number tho… so i take the good with the bad…

diggs season last year was much more impressive than that byron jones year
where he was “lockdown” for dallas…

gimme turnovers man…they change the game…give you momentum… give you a short field…

as a cowboys fan yall don’t know how turnover adverse we’ve been the past decade plus…

plus dude literally been playing corner for like 4-5 years…he still learning. still growing.

he has things to clean up, but his trajectory is pointing up…

cowboys int as a whole team:

2016- 9ints
2017 - 10ints
2018 - 9ints
2019 - 7ints
2020 - 10

2021 diggs got 11 by himself..

you do the math.

Diggs isn't a press man corner because they don't run him in press man. Y'all just looking at drill that focused on the technique of press. Selling cd short too, dude got moves off the los and some damn good footwork.. the 5th round pick beat him cause he was a yard off the los giving him a easier release, he also runs a 4.3 while diggs is a 4.5 guy. Cowboys runs a cover 3 match, he also already plays off in a trail technique..he won't be in pressing much at all this yr. With that being said, long as he gets picks and deflections I don't mind him allowing yards.. ppl forget the guys that allowed around the same amount of yards with far less turnovers and deflections...

Cowboys fans and only Cowboys fans defend the hell out of Diggs. A lot of us told you he was average at best last year, even retired players said he was average. He was getting burnt almost every play. He's not a CB, he's a ****ty route running WR with hands. Go back and look at some of those INTs and the WRs weren't anywhere near him, they were awful throws. Cowboys defense gonna take a big step back this year, Phila wins the division.

Raiders were a playoff team last year but they'll miss the playoffs this year. Josh McDaniels is a bottom 3 head coach. I'm still in shock they hired him. I don't want any former BB coach and listen to how his players in Denver talk about him. He's a joke.

dude had more interceptions individually than 11 teams did combined…

diggs is what he is…every corner gets beat…jamar did ramsey in in the bowl. it happens.

every corner gets beat, not every corner gets 11 tho!!!

eleven is a very high number tho… so i take the good with the bad…

diggs season last year was much more impressive than that byron jones year
where he was “lockdown” for dallas…

gimme turnovers man…they change the game…give you momentum… give you a short field…

as a cowboys fan yall don’t know how turnover adverse we’ve been the past decade plus…

I agree with it all. Being a cowboys fans since the 90s, I was spoiled. We were getting pick 6s, fumbles, etc.

SEAN LEE was our interception leader from like 2011-2017… let that marinate. SEAN LEE! He’s my guy, our best defender after d ware left but and LB should not lead you in INTs for half a decade.

Byron Jones was always overrated.

My boy :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

F5FD067F-3660-4A5F-9E69-C802D3B93E41.jpeg

Cowboys fans and only Cowboys fans defend the hell out of Diggs. A lot of us told you he was average at best last year, even retired players said he was average. He was getting burnt almost every play. He's not a CB, he's a ****ty route running WR with hands. Go back and look at some of those INTs and the WRs weren't anywhere near him, they were awful throws. Cowboys defense gonna take a big step back this year, Phila wins the division.

Raiders were a playoff team last year but they'll miss the playoffs this year. Josh McDaniels is a bottom 3 head coach. I'm still in shock they hired him. I don't want any former BB coach and listen to how his players in Denver talk about him. He's a joke.
Philly wins if hurts decides he wants to be a real life NFL QB 🤷🏾‍♂️

Diggs will be fine pretty great feat he has accomplished considering he has only been a corner for like 4 years. Guys been playing corner their whole life and can't make a probowl let alone get into a starting line up.

Like said before. Diggs had honestly a not good year. It gets hidden behind INTs.

Yea he was getting gashed multiple times in just about every Dallas game I watched.

His playmaking instincts are elite and he's a legit ballhawk but he's food in coverage

Diggs is like Norman for us last year.

We were barren at corner. Dude was food in coverage but led the league in fumbles at one point while only playing part of the season.

Turnovers usually define the outcome of the game. Other than points, they’re the most impactful game stat.

You gotta remember here that 1 on 1s are favored to the WR. Two way go, no pass rush.

Speed is great. If you have elite speed you can have deficiencies else where and your speed can cover that up.

Diggs, on all of those clips had awful technique. If you don't have elite speed you better be sound every where else. You can't lunge and then try to soft shoe press out and not get your hands on the WR. On that last play to James Washington I have no idea what he was doing. Stood straight up and fanned out to the wide side of the field and let the man in front of him walk into the end zone. That is bad situational awareness.

Sherm, was slow as molasses but he was smart. He took great angles and knew route concepts. I'll take that over elite speed all day long.

You gotta remember here that 1 on 1s are favored to the WR. Two way go, no pass rush.

Speed is great. If you have elite speed you can have deficiencies else where and your speed can cover that up.

Diggs, on all of those clips had awful technique. If you don't have elite speed you better be sound every where else. You can't lunge and then try to soft shoe press out and not get your hands on the WR. On that last play to James Washington I have no idea what he was doing. Stood straight up and fanned out to the wide side of the field and let the man in front of him walk into the end zone. That is bad situational awareness.

Sherm, was slow as molasses but he was smart. He took great angles and knew route concepts. I'll take that over elite speed all day long.
Sherman had an All-Pro season for us and his 40 mighta been 4.7 :lol:

Like you know said, he knew the route concepts so well that he'd be running routes for receivers.

Don't have to be fast if you know the route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom