2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we clown players for fumbling the bag but who are some players for whom betting on themselves worked out?

Jimmy Butler comes to mind. I know he got a low ball offer from Chicago, went on to have an all-star season and got a max deal but who else?

Upon Ron Artest asking if they were gonna get in trouble.
62287F2E-94C7-4979-9621-19CEF40F5CAE.jpeg

I know we clown players for fumbling the bag but who are some players for whom betting on themselves worked out?

Jimmy Butler comes to mind. I know he got a low ball offer from Chicago, went on to have an all-star season and got a max deal but who else?

I know he is currently out the league now, but Dion Waiters did bet on himself and got paid a few years back

think the spurs wanted kawhi to take a friendly discount when he was up after his rookie contract

Jalen Green seems to struggle a bit with physicality. Better shooter than I thought he was

Cade Cunningham is built better and is comfortable with physicality. He doesn't really have any explosiveness.

Carlos Boozer

Lu Dort would be a good example
of the opposite. Take the money now, you never know, you might get hurt and that offer won't be there later. My guy out here making 1.3mil for each of the next 3 seasons. If he would have just signed to finish the season, even then I would happily given 10m per. But then his antithesis is Victor Oladipo

It's always interesting how the media/NBA viewed the malice at the palace compared to the actual law. The fans are the ones who got punished because they sparked it. Everything the players did was in self defense but of course the image of the NBA is more important than facts. Stern handled that situation terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom