2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They basically had to give Wentz away. They wasn't gonna get a great deal for him.

a 3rd and a 2nd that could become a 1st is a give away?

at the least, a 3rd and a 2nd

if wentz does what he has done for most of his career, a 3rd and a 1st

25263BA300000578-0-image-a-9_1422562806740.jpg

i
New England Patriots
Projected 2021 starter: Marcus Mariota

The Patriots are among a group of teams that are too far from the top of the draft order to be a likely landing spot for the top-draft-prospect quarterbacks, meaning we're examining other veteran options who could be logical fits. While a Cam Newton return isn't totally ruled out, it's an unlikely option. The 27-year-old Mariota is under contract for one more year with the Raiders but carries a cap charge of $10.725M, an unlikely tab for them to pay for a backup in a cap-tightened year.

Be it via a trade or cut, Mariota could find a new home this offseason ... and the Patriots are a logical fit.

DeadsetAce DeadsetAce rolaholic rolaholic

tenor.gif

Kinda liked what I saw from him when he filled in last year with Vegas but feels like it'd be another temporary stopgap...

Would be feel way better if there were more decent weapons on offense
yeah def. a stopgap either way

That was an interesting prediction I hadn't thought of :lol:

Give away might be too much but Wentz is injury prone. Those "if's" in the deal make it great for the Colts.

it could be a great deal of the colts IF wentz is the player he showed he was in 2019 (i dont think 2017 wentz is coming back because of injuries.. but a very very very good player could still be in there)

it could also be a bad deal for the colts IF wentz is the 2020 version of himself or gets hurt

if wentz gets hurt or is just bad, they could still give up a 1st.. 2020 wentz played 72% of the snaps

it's not the greatest deal the eagles have ever pulled off.. but not sure how it was a 'give away'

it could be a great deal of the colts IF wentz is the player he showed he was in 2019 (i dont think 2017 wentz is coming back because of injuries.. but a very very very good player could still be in there)

it could also be a bad deal for the colts IF wentz is the 2020 version of himself or gets hurt

if wentz gets hurt or is just bad, they could still give up a 1st.. 2020 wentz played 72% of the snaps

it's not the greatest deal the eagles have ever pulled off.. but not sure how it was a 'give away'

It's a great deal for them period because they didn't give up much. Wentz is younger than Stafford and the Eagles got a worse deal for him.

It's a great deal for them period because they didn't give up much. Wentz is younger than Stafford and the Eagles got a worse deal for him.

you call the man injury prone and dont get the risk of that potential 1st round pick.. and he was benched for poor play last season

it could be a great deal for them

i think we all acknowledge the lions got a great deal for stafford

THIS is the premise you started with
They basically had to give Wentz away.

GOODT! trade for both the Eagles and Colts.

Wentz has all the tools at his disposal to flourish again.

One of the best OLines in the league, solid weapons on offense in Johnathon Taylor, Michael Pittman Jr. and TY (if he resigns) and he' s reunited with Reich who he's had his most success with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom