2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course nfl ain’t going do shh til it’s too late, if it ain’t already

The league will never admit to snatching a few ACLs. They don’t care.
Players have said that the field is too tacky.
The Steelers lost an Linemen to an ACL in week 1.

Then 2 ACL’s and a bunch of other injuries in week 2.

Well kept Grass is always the best surface to play on but stadiums aren’t trying to pay for the upkeep.

Well kept Grass is always the best surface to play on but stadiums aren’t trying to pay for the upkeep.

shh don’t shock me.. just like nfl having that liability clause once you accept treatment from team doctors

was trying think of a situation where they pulled regular season games from the actual team’s stadium/field and couldn’t think of anything

I remember washington’s field being notorious and nothing ever being done in season.. and then was the game that tore up rg3’s when the field was a mess, but people focus on the shanahan part of that

it’s only this Mexico game where I can remember the game actually being moved

and then was the hall of fame game this time

Last edited:

If the field was bad and caused injuries I don’t think anyone would like to admit fault but I’m sure the league absolutely cares about the fields condition. Players dropping for the season at the rate they did isn’t good for business.

EEAE60AC-AA87-4B5A-A06E-0E93B56DED27.jpeg

A3BF7355-B44C-4EF1-8894-915ABB9BD4B1.jpeg

7FE1F322-A3AF-4E8B-8B4B-CC559EF17740.jpeg

If the field was bad and caused injuries I don’t think anyone would like to admit fault but I’m sure the league absolutely cares about the fields condition. Players dropping for the season at the rate they did isn’t good for business.

NFL has seemingly viewed admitting fault as being bad for business.. the PI reviews being the most recent obvious example.. but with regard to fields:

I wonder what the numbers are for knee injuries on grass vs turf. I think the turf is a combo of both? Maybe some are some aren’t.
Excluding those that are due to the nature of the sport where guys get rolled up on.

and what was the purpose for the transition to turf? Safety, maintenance financially, aesthetics?

id have guessed the turf is safer because it’s easier to maintain. But according to last week apparently it has its own issues.

I wonder what the numbers are for knee injuries on grass vs turf. I think the turf is a combo of both? Maybe some are some aren’t.
Excluding those that are due to the nature of the sport where guys get rolled up on.

and what was the purpose for the transition to turf? Safety, maintenance financially, aesthetics?

id have guessed the turf is safer because it’s easier to maintain. But according to last week apparently it has its own issues.
The number would be interesting to see.
But I was listening to the McAfee podcast earlier and essentially some turf can be too stiff.

So while everyone can run faster on in when you make contact and there’s no give in the earth, at the right angle ACL’s and Achilles get to snapping.

Like someone mentioned grass surfaces can be bad but that’s a maintenance issue. Turf just has to be cheaper in the long run. For starters it’s not living, plus I’d have to imagine that the field staff is getting the bag. You can’t just hire people to clean. You have to hire a team that specializes in grass. Plus you have to draw the lines and **** on. Can’t have a field looking bad on TV.

The Cardinals and Raiders have to blueprint.

We're like three generations into modern synthetic grass type turf, and you even have hybrid surfaces now that can be as little as 9:1 grass to turf.

Still, no NFL team should be playing on a 100% turf surface in an outdoor venue. It's not even an injury issue, it's just minor league.

There have been studies done tracking injuries across surfaces but no evidence that injuries occur at a more prevalent rate on turf that I know of. But, I have never heard of an athlete preferring turf over professionally maintained grass. You also need appropriate footwear. Studs made for grass will get caught in turf surfaces and put you at risk for serious ligament injuries.

I wonder what actual product MetLife stadium uses. They could be a generation behind, and turf does have to be replaced at some point, but it would be embarrassing if they're not playing on premier stuff.

These are issues that concern high schools and junior colleges. No excuse for NFL playing surfaces not to be top of the line.

Turn on the pregame and they’re talking about the Cowboys. Why in the **** are we still talking about them? **** is so wack.

I wonder what actual product MetLife stadium uses. They could be a generation behind, and turf does have to be replaced at some point, but it would be embarrassing if they're not playing on premier stuff.

MetLife Stadium installed new Fieldturf just before the season started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom