2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
20220701_123118.jpg
7b4df8025e9b2a55c4a88a9127ef38df.jpg

I would like an actual center on the Raptors.

All this 6-9 positionless is cool and is great if your playing in the conference finals.

But like against 80% of teams an actual professional NBA center

that protects the rim and controls the boards
And catches a long every now and then is actually pretty useful.
Demarcous Cousins is available I believe

Boggles my mind how long it took for the NBA to do something about these take-fouls. One of the worst things, next to flopping.

The Celtics committed around 5-7 of these fouls in the Finals. They need to amend the rule. Opposing teams get 2 free throws AND the ball. Treat it the same way as a clear path foul.

I never understood how you can REWARD the team committing a turnover by stopping a fast break for the other team who did their job on defense. Just never made sense. That foul felt so cheap as well. Ruined the pace of the game, and bailed out teams making offensive mistakes.

Good. The take foul isn't defense

I wonder how they will dictate what a take foul is. We all know what it looks like when we see it, but it will be difficult to write down. Will players pretend to be going for a steal in order to circumvent the rulebook?

I wonder how they will dictate what a take foul is. We all know what it looks like when we see it, but it will be difficult to write down. Will players pretend to be going for a steal in order to circumvent the rulebook?

The tweet posted above states "scoring opportunity". Obviously, that's totally subjective, and can be minced in several different ways.

In my mind, if there's a fast break happening, and you foul the guy--it's a take foul

Reactions: HIM
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom