2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of

“We have time to do those things,” Warriors owner Joe Lacob said in an interview with Tim Kawakami of The Athletic. “There’s no rush on all that. I’m sure there will be some discussions this summer. But we haven’t talked to them.”

“They are two great players in their 20s,” Lacob said. “We’d love to retain them. But this becomes the problem going forward when you have a team like ours where you’ve got three guys that have been with us for a long time, make a lot of money, huge salaries — Steph, Klay and Draymond. You’ve got these two guys who will be getting into – well, [Wiggins] already is in big salary mode and wants to stay there. And [Poole] is going to be clearly making a lot more money.”

“It’s going to be difficult,” Lacob said. “I’m not going to sit here and lie to the fan base. It’s going to be really difficult to figure out what we’ll do next summer. This year, we’re good. I would call this as running it back. Some people may think because Payton and a couple people are not back — there’s always going to be some change. Yesterday is yesterday, the future is the future. We think we’re going to have a great team this year.”
Man talked so much about how he was printing money and would spend to keep the team together and he’s already backpedaling. On top of losing GP2. Wonder if they sell high on Wiggins?

Man talked so much about how he was printing money and would spend to keep the team together and he’s already backpedaling. On top of losing GP2. Wonder if they sell high on Wiggins?

I loved GP2 on the team and hes a huge loss but I can KINDA see where they are coming from. An undersized defense first guard (who does play bigger than his frame but hes still small at the end of the day) can be easier replaced and for cheaper. Its harder to replace a guy like Wiggs or Poole.

DiVincenzo supposed to be GP2 replacement so guess we’ll see how he pans out. Seems like he has good defensive instincts on passing lanes and positioning but doesnt look like the single defender GP2 was. Also I thought DiVincenzo was taller like the 6’6 range but hes only 6’4, inch taller than GP.

I loved GP2 on the team and hes a huge loss but I can KINDA see where they are coming from. An undersized defense first guard (who does play bigger than his frame but hes still small at the end of the day) can be easier replaced and for cheaper. Its harder to replace a guy like Wiggs or Poole.

DiVincenzo supposed to be GP2 replacement so guess we’ll see how he pans out. Seems like he has good defensive instincts on passing lanes and positioning but doesnt look like the single defender GP2 was. Also I thought DiVincenzo was taller like the 6’6 range but hes only 6’4, inch taller than GP.
GP2 swung that series defensively, IMO. That dude is small but can guard from 1-4 pretty much. Don’t know if that’s easily replaceable. GP been an elite defender since he was in the PAC 12 too. Great cutter as well. May be fine in the grand scheme for sure but just funny to hear Lacob boast about how much they were making and then immediately start talking/moving differently before the next season even starts :lol:

start a Ray Allen vs Klay Thompson discussion in bad faith
C9FAD9AD-90A1-4E71-A5EA-3178AA0A083D.gif

Vince Carter the best dunker/in game dunker of all time though, right?

Don’t bring Zach Levine or someone else to this debate please

You taking them in Jersey? I want to find a Black instructor which is my hold up right now :lol:
one black here teaches basketball skills and weight training m-f then golf on weekends. He’s the only black instructor here :lol:

He used to always tell me he trained Leandro Barbosa back in the day

Summer League is just an exhibition of how much it sucks to play with bad, shoot first guards. Brings back a lot of pickup game trauma.

RJ Hampton played so bad in this game. I feel for him because he asked to be here and all that, but it’s rough.. just give it to Paolo

GP2 got a BIG deal though. I think there’s a number Warriors would have hit but it’s not that. I don’t really get the signing for Portland much as I love the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom