2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all can have this Dallas sun.

It was 107 today

sheesh! Come to LA. All the soda water you want, on me.

38-FA7-C03-C5-DF-4-E3-A-B115-C2-B700-F39-F3-D.png

Speaking of

“We have time to do those things,” Warriors owner Joe Lacob said in an interview with Tim Kawakami of The Athletic. “There’s no rush on all that. I’m sure there will be some discussions this summer. But we haven’t talked to them.”

“They are two great players in their 20s,” Lacob said. “We’d love to retain them. But this becomes the problem going forward when you have a team like ours where you’ve got three guys that have been with us for a long time, make a lot of money, huge salaries — Steph, Klay and Draymond. You’ve got these two guys who will be getting into – well, [Wiggins] already is in big salary mode and wants to stay there. And [Poole] is going to be clearly making a lot more money.”

“It’s going to be difficult,” Lacob said. “I’m not going to sit here and lie to the fan base. It’s going to be really difficult to figure out what we’ll do next summer. This year, we’re good. I would call this as running it back. Some people may think because Payton and a couple people are not back — there’s always going to be some change. Yesterday is yesterday, the future is the future. We think we’re going to have a great team this year.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom