2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP to Mr. Russell.

I wonder if people will stop discrediting what he accomplished on the court because of the era he played in…

CE194441-CBE6-4E90-9095-EDD53199D450.png

I love all of this.

When my dad and my siblings first visited the States in ‘99, we were fortunate to see Bill Russell during my mom’s graduation at Boston College. I was just in 2nd grade when it happened so I was too little to even comprehend what he meant to the game and the city, but to see my dad realize his dream to see an NBA player was definitely memorable. My dad had bunch of stories about how Russell is one of the most decorated, well-accomplished players during his playing and coaching careers.

Basically, Russell was the first NOTABLE athlete we’ve seen, then got to watch Pedro Martinez dominate against the Mariners during our stay.

“Look, all I know is, the guy won two NCAA championships, 50-some college games in a row, the [’56] Olympics, then he came to Boston and won 11 championships in 13 years, and they named a **$#ing tunnel after Ted Williams.” - Tommy Heinsohn

Legends never die. RIP to the GOAT 🍀 :pimp:

Last edited:
THESE ARE AMAZING, never saw most of them

the one of HIM and Red is beautiful

my fav

kg br.jpg

SLEEP IN THE STARS SIR

:lol: Man KG LOVED that damn Sweater / BUtton Up / Tie combo during this era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom