2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kids modeling their game after Jordan Poole now.

GOOD MORNING RustyShackleford RustyShackleford
Boot-removebg-preview.png

Society going downhill at a record pace.

Knicks won 37 games with pretty much everything going wrong.

Vegas had their win total at 41.5 before taking it off the board, after filling their biggest need and improving their bench? Idk.

Corey Brewer was 6’9” 180-190lbs his whole career and was routinely one of the best defenders in the league. Not having much mass does not mean you’ll automatically be food on defens3
Don't put words in my mouth man...

just to clarify...I never said it suggested anyone was automatic food. I never said that in order to be a good defender you had to be big.

Murray has been a good defender in his career. He made an all defensive team in 2018 before his injury.

brewer was a SF/SG. So, yeah, he had a great defensive skillset guarding his position.
It's not like they asked him to check Garnett, Webber, O'Neal, Duncan etc. If they did, I'm sure his deficiencies would have been more obvious.

Me suggesting that a small backcourt might not work as intended isn't unheard of.

We will see

I come in peace but how are you able to determine core strength while watching someone hoop?

Not saying it can't be done but just wondering HOW it's done.

I come in peace.
ability to competently defend guys on the block relative to frame

Don't put words in my mouth man...

just to clarify...I never said it suggested anyone was automatic food. I never said that in order to be a good defender you had to be big.

Murray has been a good defender in his career. He made an all defensive team in 2018 before his injury.

brewer was a SF/SG. So, yeah, he had a great defensive skillset guarding his position.
It's not like they asked him to check Garnett, Webber, O'Neal, Duncan etc. If they did, I'm sure his deficiencies would have been more obvious.

Me suggesting that a small backcourt might not work as intended isn't unheard of.

We will see

I think what people are trying to tell you is that in 2022...Dejounte Murray is not as small or at any kind of disadvantage defensively as you're trying to make it seem. Nothing is going to change as far as his profile defensively. 6'4 w/ a 6'10 wingspan is not "small". He's been guarding big and small guards his entire career. If you can't recall some 2 posting him up 20 times a game before...it's probably not going to start happening now.

I think what people are trying to tell you is that in 2022...Dejounte Murray is not as small or at any kind of disadvantage defensively as you're trying to make it seem. Nothing is going to change as far as his profile defensively. 6'4 w/ a 6'10 wingspan is not "small". He's been guarding big and small guards his entire career. If you can't recall some 2 posting him up 20 times a game before...it's probably not going to start happening now.
My issue wasn't ever with Murray himself. It's the introduction to a backcourt where he's now the bigger of the 2.

It's not even about height and wingspan alone.

Trae young is 165lbs soaking wet with boots on. Murray at 180lbs gives up 40lbs to guards like brown and smart and many others.

Again, what I'm saying isn't a new thought process. Shorter guards paired together as starters fail much more than they work.

Keep in mind, this is just my opinion.

Is it still ok to have a different opinion here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom