2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s some cats who reach that urban legend status though.

There’s a dude named John Brown from Cincinnati who people swear was better than OJ Mayo. Was supposed to be next next but couldn’t stay out the streets.

Those urban legends do exist but discipline is a talent too. The NBAs reach is also way larger than it was 10 years ago so now the neighborhood superstar could just pull up to the g league tryout if he’s really that nice.

Basketball and Baseball are the two sports where if you have it, they’ll find you (like Nick said). 99 percent of the time.

Football is the dumb wildcard. They don’t know what talent is. They’re confused half the time.

Those urban legends do exist but discipline is a talent too. The NBAs reach is also way larger than it was 10 years ago so now the neighborhood superstar could just pull up to the g league tryout if he’s really that nice.
Yea I agree discipline is a talent but some kids also never have a shot. Bron is extremely disciplined but growing up in poverty, homeless, moving from spot to spot, missing so much school that he almost had to repeat a grade — you definitely need some things to bounce your way and the right people to take note/be invested for all of these things to work out. Margins are extremely thin.

Yea I agree discipline is a talent but some kids also never have a shot. Bron is extremely disciplined but growing up in poverty, homeless, moving from spot to spot, missing so much school that he almost had to repeat a grade — you definitely need some things to bounce your way and the right people to take note/be invested for all of these things to work out. Margins are extremely thin.

They are thin. More chances than not, someone will look out for you if you let them. Problem is some guys can’t receive help.

Basketball and Baseball are the two sports where if you have it, they’ll find you (like Nick said). 99 percent of the time.

Football is the dumb wildcard. They don’t know what talent is. They’re confused half the time.time.
Reminds me of the oakland a's recruiting a guy off a video from one of those speed pitch challenge where he was throwing heat

Basebll always looking for live arms. They dont even care if you have accuracy. Will try and teach it

The qb at my hs got a college offer and didnt even play hs baseball. He had a rocket arm.

There are high level guys that didn’t make it. And Patty is still cooking them. You gotta think about all of the leagues around the world. The best guys in those leagues make it to the league and are likely 3rd string guys. Shane Larkin is probably the best guard not in the NBA and you see what he did when he was there.

Have you ever played an NBA player before? Seen them in person in a regular hoop setting?

Give me 2 months to solely focus on basketball and I’m cooking anybody in the league.

Giannis was found in what can be described as the middle of nowhere from a basketball perspective.

Jadakiss wasn't right. There wasn't a dude up north better than Jordan. That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works.

Always thought this line was asinine.
You telling me there's a guy walking the street or locked up right now better than Michael Jeffrey Jordan?
His Airness? Yeah aight lol
giphy.gif

I've never played against a NBA guy, but I've gotten destroyed against some overseas guys.
Can only imagine what an actual NBA player would do. :lol:

Always thought this line was asinine.
You telling me there's a guy walking the street or locked up right now better than Michael Jeffrey Jordan?
His Airness? Yeah aight lol
giphy.gif

I've never played against a NBA guy, but I've gotten destroyed against some overseas guys.
Can only imagine what an actual NBA player would do. :lol:
Possible exaggeration sure, but AI and KG were a hair away from Never existing. There are local judges that salivate at throwing the book at that guy in the city.

It's like y'all forgot where y'all live. Totally viable that someone immensely talented was railroaded. Only thing you can knock Jada for is using MJ for a catchy bar but he's not wrong.

Possible exaggeration sure, but AI and KG were a hair away from Never existing. There are local judges that salivate at throwing the book at that guy in the city.

It's like y'all forgot where y'all live. Totally viable that someone immensely talented was railroaded. Only thing you can knock Jada for is using MJ for a catchy bar but he's not wrong.

Naw I get it, and had he named anyone but MJ this wouldn't even be a discussion.
I understand why he said it, but that doesn't make it less crazy.
There's only 2 other people on Earth that can be put in the same sentence as Jordan.

I played against Chandler Parsons and a couple of the other UF guys in college. I didn't get destroyed.

Naw I get it, and had he named anyone but MJ this wouldn't even be a discussion.
I understand why he said it, but that doesn't make it less crazy.
There's only 2 other people on Earth that can be put in the same sentence as Jordan.
If he's locked up and unrealized potential, how would you know?

Lot of ****** out here dreaming about playing against NBA guys couldn't play against college girls. My homegirl played D1 and cooked my *** in a park at night on some Love & Basketball **** and deaded my hoop dreams forever. Aerial Powers just spent her offseason cooking regular dudes in pickup games. Then there's that girl whose whole online thing is posting vids of her antagonizing and embarrassing ****** in pickup while wearing a skirt and she's like 5'5" 200 lbs.

It's real out here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom