2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player of the Decade the last 60 years. Who you got

60's - Bill Russell/Wilt Chamberlain pick em
70's - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
80's - Magic Johnson/Larry Bird pick em
90's - Michael Jordan
00's - Kobe Bryant
10's - LeBron James/Steph Curry pick em
20's - TBD, but Giannis may be that guy

299137981_10222026095666085_573151187216332524_n.jpg

Player of the Decade the last 60 years. Who you got

60's - Bill Russell/Wilt Chamberlain pick em
70's - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
80's - Magic Johnson/Larry Bird pick em
90's - Michael Jordan
00's - Kobe Bryant
10's - LeBron James/Steph Curry pick em
20's - TBD, but Giannis may be that guy

Any reason you have Kobe above Tim Duncan for the 00s?

I come in peace.

I come in peace.

We already went through this a few days ago Jemele. I got you Triple OG Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23

How do they have better claims though?

2000-2010

Kobe
1x League MVP
2x Finals MVP
2x scoring champ
5x champ
10x All Star
10x All NBA (8x First team)
10x All NBA defense (8x First team)

Duncan
2x League MVP
2x Finals MVP
3x Champ
10x All Star
10x All NBA (7x 1st team)
10x All NBA Defense (6x 1st team)

Shaq
1x League MVP
3x Finals MVP
1x scoring champ
4x Champ
9x All Star
8x All NBA (7x First Team)
3x All NBA Defense

Also forgot to put Bean went 4-1 vs and Shaq 3-1 vs Duncan in the playoff series during the decade as well.

Yikes, figured people would cut the line at the Seattle pro am game with LeBron
Bummer to those that camped out all night but they should’ve gave out wrist bands

I come in peace.
A multitude of 'em that it bears no repeating. Kobe was a more lethal two-way playing killer at the end of the day.

Skill-wise these two legends were masters of their craft and dominated an era.

I will say this though, yeah they both had 5 rings but Kobe had one more trip to the Finals than Duncan and they faced each other a total of 82 times in NBA games, although Duncan has a 43-39 winning record over Kobe Bryant during the regular season, Kobe won more matchups and head to head series in the playoffs, going 18-12 overall in the postseason against Timmy D

A multitude of 'em that it bears no repeating. Kobe was a more lethal two-way playing killer at the end of the day.

Skill-wise these two legends were masters of their craft and dominated an era.

I will say this though, yeah they both had 5 rings but Kobe had one more trip to the Finals than Duncan and they faced each other a total of 82 times in NBA games, although Duncan has a 43-39 winning record over Kobe Bryant during the regular season, Kobe won more matchups and head to head series in the playoffs, going 18-12 overall in the postseason against Timmy D

Why are you using head to head matchups as your motivating factor?

Also, how many of those matchups took place when Kobe was the clear cut #1 on the Lakers team? (If that is in fact the metric you are deciding to use).

Again,I come in peace.

Also, how many of those matchups took place when Kobe was the clear cut #1 on the Lakers team? (If that is in fact the metric you are deciding to use).

Again,I come in peace.

2001 Lakers v Spurs (WCF):
Kobe- 33/7/7 on 51/36/77
Shaq- 27/13/3 on 54/51
Lakers sweep 4-0

2002 Lakers v Spurs (WCSF):
Kobe- 26/5/5 on 45/23/58
Shaq- 21/12/3 on 45/64
Lakers win series 4-1

2003 Lakers v Spurs (WCSF):
Kobe- 32/5/4 on 43/44/79
Shaq- 25/14/4 on 56/63
Spurs win series 4-2

2004 Lakers v Spurs (WCSF):
Kobe- 26/6/6 on 45/32/73
Shaq- 22/15/2 on 63/43
Lakers win series 4-2

2008 Lakers v Spurs (WCF):
Kobe 29/6/4 on 53/33/91
Lakers win series 4-1

Shaq going up against all them family men centers in the finals really got things twisted and askew as to what actually happened. Bean performed like the best player on the team basically from 2001 on specifically in the Western conference playoffs. Then Shaq went god mode in the Finals. But for the assertion at hand, those are the facts and you can do with them what you will.

Again,I come in peace.
All that don't matter. Kobe been the go to option on the Lakers in the 4th quarter since 2001 bro. We all know Timmy was the #1 even when David Robinson was there just like we all know Kobe has the ball in his hands in the 4th more than Shaq thus making him a #1 option just like Tim.

At the end of the day, if you had first pick and your two options are Timmy and Kobe, I bet anybody that more than 50% of GMs in the league take Kobe over Tim any day of the week.

Head to head matchups notwithstanding.

Last edited:
All that don't matter. Kobe been the go to option on the Lakers in the 4th quarter since 2001 bro. We all know Timmy was the #1 even when David Robinson was there just like we all know Kobe has the ball in his hands in the 4th more than Shaq thus making him a #1 option just like Tim.

At the end of the day, if you had first pick and your two options are Timmy and Kobe, I bet anybody that more than 50% of GMs in the league take Kobe over Tim any day of the week.

Head to head matchups notwithstanding.

1. I didn't know the 4th quarter was the only quarter that mattered. Sure Kobe was the go-to but the logic in using head to head when one player had the luxury of playing 4 of those years with another Top 15 talent while the other didn't is just wild to me. I am sure you understand that but we can pretend it doesn't matter. Fine.

2. Also, it's interesting that you found a way to use him being the 4th quarter go to man as a way to pretend that made him the #1 player on those teams is also wild as hell. Again, unreasonable metric to use when comparing TD vs. Kobe.

But I know it's a tough subject for folks to objectively discuss so I tap out.

I don't mean any disrespect but the points made and evidence used are just illogical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom