2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike basketball was going super crazy, up until like 08.

Feel like the Sigs ruined it, when they went too hard in that direction.

The retros, team kicks etc of the early to mid 00s was really a crazy era
2001 to 2005 was the sweet spot. Then after the Hyperdunks dropped, all the non-sigs had the exact same upper with different bottoms (zoom, air max). :smh:

Have you ever played AAU ball? :lol:

Or city Rec in general. I swear, I’m astonished at people being up in arms at 11-17 year olds talking crazy to each other on the basketball court.

I remember Troy Frankin (Towson U) doing a Ball fake and dancing in 2001…and my coach was ready to jump off the bench and lay him out. Then he talked crazy to us, for letting that slide lol.

We was 11 :lol:. It made us better

Nah these kids doing the most today for the likes, its diff. :lol:

I remember Ricky Rubio was supposed to come to the league and be Pistol Pete/Magic Johnson. I remember Carlos Arroyo looking like peak AI in the Olympics then looking like regular Carlos Arroyo back in the league.
Or how bout all the European guards who kill in the olympics then come over and be 32 year old rookies and cant even last one season.

Yes a kev a chis
An twon rig a doe

Have you ever played AAU ball? :lol:

Or city Rec in general. I swear, I’m astonished at people being up in arms at 11-17 year olds talking crazy to each other on the basketball court.

I remember Troy Frankin (Towson U) doing a Ball fake and dancing in 2001…and my coach was ready to jump off the bench and lay him out. Then he talked crazy to us, for letting that slide lol.

We was 11 :lol:. It made us better
Yeah, but you ain't let no other kid bounce no ball off your head. At least I hope you didn't.

sure youth basketball at the lower levels can be bad.

but american basketball consistently produces more creative and dynamic players.
people see the very best euro guys and assume it's a product of euro development.

when in reality it's just survivorship bias.
the guys who make it to the NBA are like that but they are not typical.

if you watch euro teams at the youth level, which I did for a while when I was heavy following Canada basketball

youll see euro teams and players are way more rigid and less creative.

AAU and HS has it's flaws, but it seems clear to me the early professionalization and academy system common europe has drawbacks of its own.

If my kid had talent, id much rather put my kid in high level AAU, HS, than european development.

Well obviously lol. I just said AAU is with the foolishness lately but I didnt say send your kid to Italy instead. Again, this isnt an argument of which is superior. I literally just made a comment about AAU shenanigans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom