2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Nets allowed Kyrie and KD to run their franchise. The only way they can "take control of their franchise" is to blow it up. They forced them to trade all their depth, hire their buddy as the coach and it became a disaster.
Nash was only supported by Durant but not the obvious choice. you can also say Kyrie was not exactly keen on having a HOF PG telling him how to play his game.....especially winning gold medal and NBA ring. Nash is truly a joint decision by Nets Franchise.....it should have been rolling Kidd back as they discussed.....because Kidd knows what it is like to act like Kyrie

Durant to Philly

Sheriff Jimbo already knew
Joel-Embiid-James-Harden-Kevin-Durant-USATSI.jpg

Nash was only supported by Durant but not the obvious choice. you can also say Kyrie was not exactly keen on having a HOF PG telling him how to play his game.....especially winning gold medal and NBA ring. Nash is truly a joint decision by Nets Franchise.....it should have been rolling Kidd back as they discussed.....because Kidd knows what it is like to act like Kyrie

What you mean only? It's Kevin Durant

Don't recall the contract status of Lavert, Allen and Spencer at the time but would have it even been possible to keep all of them (including Harris)? Always easy to say this type of stuff

Lavert signed 3 years/$52
Harris signed 4 years/$75
Allen signed 5 years/$100
Spencer signed 3 years/$54
If you have bird rights, it’s all a matter of how much the owner wants to pay in luxury taxes. Joe Tsai is one of the Alibaba founders, so he’s got it :lol:

The real problem is not valuing Jarrett Allen. For that you gotta blame Sean Marks & Nash. Joe isn’t a basketball guy.

After JA signed recently Nash still said they wouldn’t have given him that money.

They’re delusional.

If you have bird rights, it’s all a matter of how much the owner wants to pay in luxury taxes. Joe Tsai is one of the Alibaba founders, so he’s got it :lol:

The real problem is not valuing Jarrett Allen. For that you gotta blame Sean Marks & Nash. Joe isn’t a basketball guy.

After JA signed recently Nash still said they wouldn’t have given him that money.

They’re delusional.
I get that but is he really going to actually pay that luxury tax? That's what I'm getting at. Yes, technically a number of owners could field outrageous payrolls. How often do we see that?

a billionaire with a bruised ego is a bad combination

also, :rofl: @ blaming the COVID mandates. like they were put in place solely to prevent Kyrie Irving from playing basketball. as if there was nothing he could have done to play.
I think with the COVID point, if you knew before hand the world would suffer a pandemic and players would face that choice in NYC or not play, betting on Kyrie getting that shot would be risky

It's all hindsight. Of course you can blame Kyrie for not taking it but knowing Kyrie, you should not be surprised he chose what he did. It's just that you don't really foresee a pandemic....

a billionaire with a bruised ego is a bad combination

also, :rofl: @ blaming the COVID mandates. like they were put in place solely to prevent Kyrie Irving from playing basketball. as if there was nothing he could have done to play.
Prolly cost him a lot of money to get the NYC mayor to lift the mandate so Myrie could play.

this gotta be one of the more dramatic off seasons in a while.. the kawhi/pg13 off season saga had a different energy to it

but the most baffling thing about this off season is the marriage between HIM HIM and the warriors.. when did this become a “we” partnership?? :lol:

Made a few changes in my life back in february. One of those changes led me to becoming a steph/warriors fan.

NBA free agency finna have the alerts on my phones jumping more than Trump's first year in office

Can't wait

so…if Kyrie doesn’t want to take a pay cut (which he shouldn’t) and sign and trade for Russ doesn’t work for BKN…

A scenario nobody is talking about is the nuclear option for Kyrie: Opt in. Ask for trade to team X. If I’m not traded to team X I will be in bad mental state and take months off to “heal” and oh if you trade for me (minus Team X), I will need a few months of sabatical and definitely won’t resign with you.

In this scenario, which team is putting an offer out there better than Russ and a 2027 first? (Yo which Russ would get rerouted to a team for depth like Charlotte)

Highly unlikely, but Kyrie ain’t a regular cat

I just don’t understand how the Nets let Jarrett Allen walk. He was PERFECT for them. A fan favorite, reliable, didn’t need plays ran for him, drafted and developed by the team…

Silly. I forgot which NTER said the Cavs over payed :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom