2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brogdon-centric trade to open up max cap space for Ayton for IND cannot go through until July 9 due to a restriction in Juwan Morgan's deal per Bobby Marks

FF4F9B7D-25EC-477A-A2B3-AB206344D446.jpeg

Which one you taking? I’m going for the almost guaranteed $$$$$.
Layup.

Highest percentage chance, plus I would invest that into crypto/stocks and make 5x easy.

im from spain and i saw live luka at 14 yo cooking dudes like it was nothing, and euro basket has more level than people on the us think. Here everybody agree that luka was the best euro prospect ever, better than gasol, dirk, joker or the french player proyected no1 next draft

Bigs with Ayton’s talent level used to get maxed by somebody

His situation is mystifying.

I know in game 7 he literally quit on the team so Monty is probably ****ting on him whenever he’s asked off the record, but still.

DA gonna have a falling out with Monty like Ben had with Doc??

I always wondered how popular Luka is in Slovenia. Like he might not being the #1 athlete (maybe he is but I doubt it) but is he big in Slovenia popular culture.

Nike/JB seem to be pushing the marketing for him a lot these days

Sure, but an Ayton-centric offense is still extremely limited in terms of its ceiling
I mean, me signing Ayton doesn’t mean I’m making him my entire offense. He’s not Jokic. He’s a clear upgrade from Turner though and has room to expand his game even more. The opportunity to add a talent like that, at that age, generally doesn’t happen for a market like Indiana.

Really sad when you have 4 years left on your contract, can just tell the owner, "trade me" and he goes, "okay, we will start working on it". Contract what?

I mean, me signing Ayton doesn’t mean I’m making him my entire offense. He’s not Jokic. He’s a clear upgrade from Turner though and has room to expand his game even more. The opportunity to add a talent like that, at that age, generally doesn’t happen for a market like Indiana.
Indiana maxing him to not make him the center of the offense? Don’t see that happening, especially with the roster as currently constructed. I get the reasoning why Indy would do it. You upgrade rebounding, but lose on rim defense and spacing with Turner’s 3 pt shooting. Plus Ayton appears to be more of a me guy who will be now on a younger team that’s going nowhere but the lotto for a few years at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom