2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it in addition to 82 games + four best-of-7 playoff series? What's the incentive for the players and the team?

Right now it just seems like extra regular season games with a fancy title & more money in the league's pocket. Meh.

I seriously doubt it'll be more games. They'll build the tournament into the season itself.

Players like to play, players like to win things. I think as you start to put the final four thing into prominence and lexicon, it'll matter to them. Plus it can't hurt, they don't play in the regular season games anyway :lol:. Incentives financially plus in the standings toward your record will be motivating enough.

The fancy title thing matters too. NBA one of the only leagues where the EC and WC championship, and division titles are irrelevant. Causals are far more likely to watch games where something is at stake. So while they may not watch on a random Monday night, they may if a championship is on the line.

And finally, this is I think about 10, 15 years down the line. Even if it's a bit premature, at some point, the 82 game schedule was going to become a serious, serious, burden on the consumer. This will go a long way towards juicing things up.

My language you talking
1657675924132.png
The yams
tenor.gif

Is it in addition to 82 games + four best-of-7 playoff series? What's the incentive for the players and the team?

Right now it just seems like extra regular season games with a fancy title & more money in the league's pocket. Meh.
$1M prize per player for the winner

mid season tourney?
what's next Money in the Bank contract for the winner
silver doing too much :smh:
Tourney is great idea I’d it reduces regular season to 60ish games

The middle of the season (and really most of it is just garbage.

I seriously doubt it'll be more games. They'll build the tournament into the season itself.

Players like to play, players like to win things. I think as you start to put the final four thing into prominence and lexicon, it'll matter to them. Plus it can't hurt, they don't play in the regular season games anyway :lol:. Incentives financially plus in the standings toward your record will be motivating enough.

The fancy title thing matters too. NBA one of the only leagues where the EC and WC championship, and division titles are irrelevant. Causals are far more likely to watch games where something is at stake. So while they may not watch on a random Monday night, they may if a championship is on the line.

And finally, this is I think about 10, 15 years down the line. Even if it's a bit premature, at some point, the 82 game schedule was going to become a serious, serious, burden on the consumer. This will go a long way towards juicing things up.
$1M prize per player for the winner

What is the general sentiment around doing what the MLB did (not sure if they still do it) with the All Star Game and giving the winning conference Home Court Advantage in the Finals :nerd:

It is an aggressive move but it will ensure you get the best possible basketball product and the top players/teams will undoubtedly take it seriously with that at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom