2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavs bench getting thoroughly outplayed
kidd may need to switch up rotation or have starters play even more minutes

dubs not the sons
steph is not cp
warriors not losing the next two
think this comes back 3-1

They did an incredible job on Luka. Fully locked in. Great team effort for real.

The part about him being gassed is real.

I know the Mavs got guys that can create off the bounce for themselves…but man, them late clock isos for long twos or contested 3s or congested drives are a few too many.

They’ll get run off the floor, if they can’t get easy shots. ill steelo ill steelo thoughts?
Been in Colombia for the past week for a bachelor party. I’ve missed everything, I still gotta go back & read every single post from that Suns game :rofl:

I get back Monday & will have some thoughts later on

Wait, Jason Kidd is mad at the Mavs 3pt shot selection?! Makes no sense. They had the green light to chuck all night.

IMG_3602.png.jpeg
1653146582876.jpeg

Why is it that "live by the 3 die by the 3" squads don't ever win championships?

Three pointers made this series: DAL 32, GSW 24

Points in the paint this series: GSW 106, DAL 62

Rebounds this series: GSW 94, DAL 65, and this don't even include team rebounds

Can't wait to see how the Celtics' vaunted D can deal with this aggressive Warriors attack and if Horford and the Williams bros can stop let alone contain Big Kevon Looney

Dallas untimely lost the game last night because of their defense, not offense. Yeah the cold shooting spell they went through in the 3rd quarter hurt, but they still were in striking distance with like 4:00 minutes to go in the 4th and just could not get stops against the Warriors.

Warriors started playing defense and taking higher percentage shots and that got them back in the game and allowed them to take the lead. Mavs continued to play “modern” basketball thus resulting in them squandering the lead. Now if the Warriors didn’t smarten up they would have probably lost by 30+ points.

Why is it that "live by the 3 die by the 3" squads don't ever win championships?

Three pointers made this series: DAL 32, GSW 24

Points in the paint this series: GSW 106, DAL 62

Rebounds this series: GSW 94, DAL 65, and this don't even include team rebounds

Can't wait to see how the Celtics' vaunted D can deal with this aggressive Warriors attack and if Horford and the Williams bros can stop let alone contain Big Kevon Looney

I see you trying to spin your narrative to how GSW plays. The points in the paint, rebounding has nothing to do with GSW bigs. It’s been their perimeter players. Looney ate yesterday but that was off of guard penetration.

Everyone GSW plays on the wing can shoot, pass and dribble. That alone is getting you more paint points. Put some respect on the guards name

I see you trying to spin your narrative to how GSW plays. The points in the paint, rebounding has nothing to do with GSW bigs. It’s been their perimeter players. Looney ate yesterday but that was off of guard penetration.

Everyone GSW plays on the wing can shoot, pass and dribble. That alone is getting you more paint points. Put some respect on the guards name
I ain't trying to spin ****.

You're completely missing the point: the more aggressive team wins. The team that attacks the paint more wins. The team who usually dominates the paint wins, I don't care if you got elite bigs on your squad or guys like McGee, Looney, Portis, Dwight, or Brook Lopez.

I never said Warrior bigs were posting up and impacting the series that way lol. GSW don't have post up bigs like AD, Embiid, Jokic, and Giannis. Therefore thry have to find other ways to win thr battle of the paint.

But THEY get it, when it comes to winning championship basketball because...

The point I've been harping on all week is that the KEY to this series is whoever is MORE AGGRESSIVE AT ATTACKING THE RIM wins.

Because when you attack the paint it opens up two things...1) bigs receive easy dump off passes or lobs, and 2) your shooters get wide open looks because attacking the paint causes the defense to collapse and if you move/swing the rock as potently as the Warriors do, you will get all kinds of looks from deep.

Look at how all of a sudden an average big man Looney can play "Big" in big moments. It's because GSW's system allows for him to shine cause they know exactly how to utilize him.

Same thing with the impact Kuminga made in the MEM series.

Bottom line remains: you gotta get easy buckets inside, I don't care how you do it, if you want to continue to advance and win a title. And when you play inside-out, you automatically get your bigs involved and turn them into impactful players

I recognize you have to have playmaking guards and wings to make all this happen but it ain't about those damn threes. It ain't about running one on one iso plays with 4 guys camped outside the three point line a la all of James Harden's teams.

The night before Game 1, I said this and so far I've been 100% on the money
Screenshot_20220520-204422_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

He's talking about Looney like he's Prime Shaq. "Can Bob Williams and Al Horford even contain him?" :lol:

You're completely missing the point: the more aggressive team wins. The team that attacks the paint more wins. The team who usually dominates the paint wins, I don't care if you got elite bigs on your squad or guys like McGee, Looney, Portis, Dwight, or Brook Lopez.

I never said Warrior bigs were posting up and impacting the series that way lol. GSW don't have post up bigs like AD, Embiid, Jokic, and Giannis. Therefore thry have to find other ways to win thr battle of the paint.

The point I've been harping on all week is that the KEY to this series is whoever is MORE AGGRESSIVE AT ATTACKING THE RIM wins.

Because when you attack the paint it opens up two things...1) bigs receive easy dump off passes or lobs, and 2) your shooters get wide open looks because attacking the paint causes the defense to collapse and if you move/swing the rock as potently as the Warriors do, you will get all kinds of looks from deep.

Look at how all of a sudden an average big man Looney can play "Big" in big moments. It's because GSW's system allows for him to shine cause they know exactly how to utilize him.

Bottom line remains: you gotta get easy buckets inside, I don't care how you do it, when it comes to winning chips. And when this happens, you automatically will incolve your bigs.

It ain't about those damn threes.

The night before Game 1,I said this and so far I've been 100% on the money

GSW has more wings that can do more. It’s not about aggression. It’s about depth and talent.

Mavs are taking more jumpers because they have more guys that are limited to just shooting

Last night was the first time maybe all playoffs I felt like Kidd didn’t do the Mavs any favors.

Weird halftime adjustments. No timeout anywhere in the third quarter.

Just some bizarre decisions.

Last night was the first time maybe all playoffs I felt like Kidd didn’t do the Mavs any favors.

Them continuing to attack Looney on defense in the 3rd quarter when it clearly wasn't working was certainly a head scratching strategy.

He’s gotta cut those green/niketalk minutes to zero

GSW has more wings that can do more. It’s not about aggression. It’s about depth and talent.

Mavs are taking more jumpers because they have more guys that are limited to just shooting
Depth and talent? Lol

They had the same squad last year minus Klay, who hasn't been a factor in this series.

I don't buy that one bit.

You watch the Warriors at all during the regular season?

Kerr and staff for years ALWAYS have their teams ready to play attacking basketball in the playoffs. They did the same **** with Barbosa, Harrison Barnes, Livingston, which made bigs like DLee, Speights, Ezeli much more impactful.

The Lakers in 2020 played attacking basketball and dominated the paint during their title run.

Same **** with MIL last year.

Let's not act like GSW's "depth and talent" is overwhelmingly better than everyone else's. PHX and MIL are just as deep yet they both out of the playoffs.

Mavs are taking jumpers because GSW's defense is making them do it since GSW knows DAL ain't got no post up bigs and they sure as hell ain't got guys who have the will and determination to constantly get in the paint and attack. And we all know Luka, Dinwiddie, Brunson, and even DFS are all capable of penetrating and slashing to the rim.

Bottom line remains: you gotta get easy buckets inside, I don't care how you do it, if you want to continue to advance and win a title. And when you play inside-out, you automatically get your bigs involved and turn them into impactful players

I recognize you have to have playmaking guards and wings to make all this happen but it ain't about those damn threes. It ain't about running one on one iso plays with 4 guys camped outside the three point line a la all of James Harden's teams.

The night before Game 1, I said this and so far I've been 100% on the money
My guy really watches basketball with a hyper focus on one thing. I really appreciate it.

Adding a whole new layer of insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom