2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depth and talent? Lol

They had the same squad last year minus Klay, who hasn't been a factor in this series.

I don't buy that one bit.

You watch the Warriors at all during the regular season?

Kerr and staff ALWAYS has their team's ready to play attacking basketball in every playoffs.

The Lakers in 2020 played attacking basketball and dominated the paint during their title run.

Same **** with MIL last year.

Let's not act like GSW's "depth and talent" is overwhelmingly better than everyone else's. PHX and MIL are just as deep yet they both out of the playoffs.

Mavs are taking jumpers because GSW's defense is making them do it since GSW knows DAL ain't got no post up bigs and they sure as hell ain't got guys who have the will and determination to constantly get in the paint and attack. And we all know Luka, Dinwiddie, Brunson, and even DFS are all capable of penetrating and slashing to the rim.

DFS can’t dribble more than once.

Last years warriors have nothing to do with this years warriors. Last year has nothing to do with this year. Or this series

Poole got better. Klay is running at 75% but it’s better than what they had last year. Chase them off the line they can make plays or score. The Mavs at one time played 3 guys solely depending on spotting up and letting someone else create. That’s why you get so many 3 point attempts

giphy.webp

addict4sneakers addict4sneakers v Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23

YALL both right tho lol

Last night was the first time maybe all playoffs I felt like Kidd didn’t do the Mavs any favors.

Weird halftime adjustments. No timeout anywhere in the third quarter.

Just some bizarre decisions.

Yeah that third quarter was extremely puzzling.
There’s literally 0 reason to give guys like Frank and Green minutes. We need some actual sets to run to.

DFS can’t dribble more than once.

Last years warriors have nothing to do with this years warriors. Last year has nothing to do with this year. Or this series

Poole got better. Klay is running at 75% but it’s better than what they had last year. Chase them off the line they can make plays or score. The Mavs at one time played 3 guys solely depending on spotting up and letting someone else create. That’s why you get so many 3 point attempts
DFS can slash though right? I surely ain't seen him do any of this in games 1 and 2. What about Powell and Kleber, why aren't they rolling to the rim when Luka or Brunson are penetrating? Why isnr Dinwiddie being more aggressive so his bigs can feed off of him like Jarrett Allen did when they was both at BKN? Maybe it's cause Dray and Looney are playing physical basketball while Warriors guards and wings are suffocating DAL ball handlers and double teaming hard on Luka.

Like I said, playing one-on-one ISO ball with 4 dudes camped outside the three point line won't win you any titles. See: James Harden and Mike D'Antoni Houston Rockets.

And DAL ain't making adjustments either. When Poole penetrates, there is nobody on Dallas' defense stepping up fast enough to disrupt the prnettation and their wing defenders are too slow to rotate. That's why I said DAL has to counter what GSW is doing by constantly attacking on offense as well to put pressure on the Warriors interior D,which MEM was somewhat successful in doing.

DAL gotta play more physical at the end of the day. I bet Poole doesn't have all that freedom in penetrating when he plays BOS watch.

Them continuing to attack Looney on defense in the 3rd quarter when it clearly wasn't working was certainly a head scratching strategy.
It was bizarre. You couldn’t attack Looney in G1, and you literally got whatever you wanted attacking Wiggins and Steph in the first half of game 2.

And Steph had fouls. The hell we doing?
He’s gotta cut those green/niketalk minutes to zero
If I’m gonna play one of them I’m giving those minutes to Trey. At least he can give me SOMETHING.

Ultimately, the Mavs just kinda look gassed. All the way through the roster they just look toast. Everyone looks a step slower than normal and everyone other than Luka/JB/Dinwiddie is all playing outta position for 30 minutes a night.

DFS can slash though right? I surely ain't seen him do any of this in games 1 and 2. What about Powell and Kleber, why aren't they rolling to the rim when Luka or Brunson are penetrating? Why isnr Dinwiddie being more aggressive so his bigs can feed off of him like Jarrett Allen did when they was both at BKN? Maybe it's cause Dray and Looney are playing physical basketball while Warriors guards and wings are suffocating DAL ball handlers and double teaming hard on Luka.

Mavs are switching the pnr with the bigs making Powell and kleber useless. DFS can’t dribble more than once. Everything he does is created for him. Dinwiddie is being aggressive but he’s Corey maggette out there trying to get fouled.

Mavs absolutely have to upgrade the roster this off season. We don’t have a real big man to protect the rim, and not enough guys that can penetrate from the perimeter. Way too many guys that NEVER get burn taking up roster spots.
When you look at the Warriors and Grizzlies rosters, they have guys on the bench that could start for us. You really do have to tip your hat to those front offices. Us getting this far is a testament to Luka’s talent and Kidds coaching but we have some major flaws.

Warriors started playing defense and taking higher percentage shots and that got them back in the game and allowed them to take the lead. Mavs continued to play “modern” basketball thus resulting in them squandering the lead. Now if the Warriors didn’t smarten up they would have probably lost by 30+ points.
higher percentage shots? do you mean chucking up 3s?

Mavs are switching the pnr with the bigs making Powell and kleber useless. DFS can’t dribble more than once. Everything he does is created for him. Dinwiddie is being aggressive but he’s Corey maggette out there trying to get fouled.
Kleber and Powell may be ineffective defensively but if Kidd knew how to utilize them on offense they wouldn't be "useless" right?

That's why I said, Kidd needs to have his guards penetrate consistently and at the same time have Powell and Kleber roll to the rim so they too can receive dump off passes or lobs just like Looney been getting. Same thing with DFS - he has to slash a la 2009 Trevor Ariza with LAL to cause GSW's defense to have to react so that guys like Bertans for example, or Bullock, can get more frequent wide open looks from deep.

I expect to see these adjustments made in Game 3 if JKidd is a good coach but if they continue playing high PNR with Luka and a big with the other 4 guys camped outside the three point line like they been doing all playoffs long then this series is over.

You gotta have a variety of ways to attack on offense in order to beat a sound and battle tested team like the Warriors 4x outta 7.

Mavs absolutely have to upgrade the roster this off season. We don’t have a real big man to protect the rim, and not enough guys that can penetrate from the perimeter. Way too many guys that NEVER get burn taking up roster spots.
When you look at the Warriors and Grizzlies rosters, they have guys on the bench that could start for us. You really do have to tip your hat to those front offices. Us getting this far is a testament to Luka’s talent and Kidds coaching but we have some major flaws.
Imagine if they replaced Kleber with a Javale McGee or Mo Bamba and/or added a Myles Turner and brought Powell off the bench to pair with the stretch big Bertans. This slight adjustment in the type of bigs they acquire can completely change the nature in how they play on both sides of the ball

In fact, DAL should find a way to pair Luka with Sabonis if they really want to do major damage

Last edited:
Imagine if they replaced Kleber with a Javale McGee or Mo Bamba and/or added a Myles Turner and brought Powell off the bench to pair with the stretch big Bertans. This slight adjustment in the type of bigs they acquire can completely change the nature in how they play on both sides of the ball

In fact, DAL should find a way to pair Luka with Sabonis if they really want to do major damage
They don’t need a Sabonis.

They need a rim protector who can rebound and one more guy who can consistently attack a close out.

They really aren’t insanely far off. A couple of roster tweaks and some to-be-expected growth from guys already here and they’re right in the mix.

Yeah, it's looking like the Mavs just don't have the depth/athleticism to keep up with the Warriors for a full 48 minutes. The Mavs' main rotation guys all looked pretty worn down by the 4th quarter, which I think is part of the reason the Dubs were getting a lot of lay-ups/dunks to close the game. If the Warriors continue to be relentless with pushing the ball and always moving in the half court, seems inevitable what we saw last night will be the formula for the series.

All that said, I am expecting Dallas to get at least one in Dallas.
I saw a stat where the Warriors have won a road playoff game in 26 consecutive series. That’s crazy

Some of you cool af, absolutely. You're not reading this like 'Not ALL of us', though.

-foe

if you aren't going to make similar post/s addressing the dubs hater nation, you gonna need to cry quieter

didn't we already made an agreement in this thread?

when the dubs lose the meaningless REGULAR season games, feel free to talk big **** like y'all did
but when the dubs when the games that COUNT, don't cry about the dubs fans gloating in this thread b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom