2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klay been doing fine to me. Had two major injuries. And has had some great games since he's been back. There's been games already this playoffs that Klay has kept the team afloat until they found their rhythm. If he struggles some nights shooting, is what it is. I just want him to remember to move the rock. Sometimes when he struggles he'll try and force himself out of the slump in that game instead of letting that energy flow back into him by passing it. He remember to move the rock, he's a-okay with me. Especially since Jordan is Him Lite. Whatever Klay does is icing on the cake.

They don’t need a Sabonis.

They need a rim protector who can rebound and one more guy who can consistently attack a close out.

They really aren’t insanely far off. A couple of roster tweaks and some to-be-expected growth from guys already here and they’re right in the mix.
They are definitely not close to having a championship roster like, say, a Miami or Mil, or even BOS who's been to the ECF 2 of the last 3 years. If we redo game 7 Phx-Dal in Phoenix 2 more times I bet PHX would win both times.

Let's not act like the Atlanta Hawks that got to the ECF last season and think the Mavs are 1-2 players away from being a team that's hoisting the trophy.

Kleber and Powell are #9-10 players on your rotation at best. Bullock ain't it and is expendable. And I'm not so sure Brunson is it either, cause he's not only undersized defensively but all he's ever concerned about is getting his shot off.

Not only does DAL need a legit rim protector and a couple guys who can attack a closeout like you mentioned, but they also need another bonafide and consistent playmaker who can both rebound and score from anywhere on the floor from inside the paint and from the outside to help and add to Luka's similarly all-around skill set.

That man would be Sabonis. Luka is PNR and PNP'ing with guys like Kleber and Powell LOL. Imagine him doing that with Sabonis just like Bron-AD on that two-man game.

To be an elite title team, a team has to be able to defend and defeat any style of basketball. They also can't be one-dimensional on offense.

Right now, Dallas of 2022 is like Atlanta of 2021. They got a ways to go and EYE believe this current roster nowhere near it.

Last edited:
I cannot stand when people say this. It’s yells out “I don’t really know wtf I’m saying but it sounds good.” :smh:
It means that y’all hyped over golden state taking care of business at home. You probably thought the suns had the series won after the first 2 games too huh

So...if GSW wins game 3...has the series started or is it over ladies and gentlemen??
That’s the start 😂

Kendrick just aight..
thats-bait-mad-max.gif

klay been playing the most inconsistent we’ve seen since his rookie season. but to be fair to him, athletes we’ve seen come back from leg injuries usually take a full season to look anything close to their old selves. DRose and WPG come to mind.

2-way klay ain’t coming back but seeing him get up for those dunks was a good sign he’s trusting his ligaments

Klay's playoffs numbers are consistent with what he's always done in the playoffs.

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 3.02.43 PM.png

I’ve said this before

But I’m just the Yin to Y’ALL Bistephsuals Yang

Balanced, like all things should be

They are definitely not close to having a championship roster like, say, a Miami or Mil, or even BOS who's been to the ECF 2 of the last 3 years. If we redo game 7 Phx-Dal in Phoenix 2 more times I bet PHX would win both times.

Let's not act like the Atlanta Hawks that got to the ECF last season and think the Mavs are 1-2 players away from being a team that's hoisting the trophy.

Kleber and Powell are #9-10 players on your rotation at best. Bullock ain't it and is expendable. And I'm not so sure Brunson is it either, cause he's not only undersized defensively but all he's ever concerned about is getting his shot off.

Not only does DAL need a legit rim protector and a couple guys who can attack a closeout like you mentioned, but they also need another bonafide and consistent playmaker who can both rebound and score from anywhere on the floor from inside the paint and from the outside to help and add to Luka's similarly all-around skill set.

That man would be Sabonis. Luka is PNR and PNP'ing with guys like Kleber and Powell LOL. Imagine him doing that with Sabonis just like Bron-AD on that two-man game.

To be an elite title team, a team has to be able to defend and defeat any style of basketball. They also can't be one-dimensional on offense.

Right now, Dallas of 2022 is like Atlanta of 2021. They got a ways to go and EYE believe this current roster nowhere near it.
Eh - I disagree on your assessments of Maxi and Brunson, but whatever. Maxi’s just consistently being asked to do too much because they haven’t had a playable big for 3 years now.

We don’t have to worry about hypotheticals of the Phoenix series. They’re a nonfactor moving forward. I’m not really all that worried about Denver or the LAs or Minnesota. We’ll cross the New Orleans bridge when Zion decides to show up and stays on the court.

I don’t look around the West and see a team outside Golden State that’s going to be able to consistently pull Dallas at its seams. Memphis, maybe, but I think people overrate what that group is some, too.

They obviously need to continue to morph the roster. I think finding ways to get guys into their actual positions would go a long way in solving some of their defensive versatility problems. They need a big (probably 2?) to funnel things into defensively and kill possessions on the glass.

Saving 10-12 minutes every night off Dorian and Bullocks legs simply with Tim back alleviates a ton of defensive issues late in games on the wing. Dorian and Reggie are both logging WAY too many minutes.

Luka’s 23 and Brunson’s 25. They’re both going to continue to get better, too. Though I could see Brunson ultimately being a piece in a deal for a bigger physical profile like you mentioned. Let him be someone’s lead guard in exchange for a bigger perimeter attacker.

All that matters to me coming out of this year is Luka’s played some damn meaningful basketball games and has gotten a pretty clear look at what the next evolution of his development needs to/should be.

Harden still a top 5 playmaker as I’ve been saying. He needs to get his body right so he can score again. Philly will be stronger next year.
Harden already looks washed tho and he'll be a yr older.

Maxey hates him

Tobias will still suck 80% of the time.

Plus Doc will still be mid as a coach.

How exactly are you arriving at that conclusion? Or just because you like Jim?

Maxi is good. I would take him on my team all day. Plays great defense & can decently protect the rim while also allowing you to simultaneously go 5 out. Mavs just need to upgrade Powell’s minutes with a real rim protecting big. I like Powell but he’s a bench player.

Spencer needs to step up too.

Maxi is good. I would take him on my team all day. Plays great defense & can decently protect the rim while also allowing you to simultaneously go 5 out. Mavs just need to upgrade Powell’s minutes with a real rim protecting big. I like Powell but he’s a bench player.

Spencer needs to step up too.
What I don’t need to be doing is logging heavy Maxi minutes at center AND rotating in Bertans.

If I can log 15 of Maxi’s minutes as a stretch 4 and mix in 8-10 a night as a small ball center, I’m off to the races.

Guy can play. He can switch everything and hold up. He’s the most versatile defender they have, maybe. But he’s just being given too much he’s not built to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom