2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jazz and Lakers are really the only teams that there’s that kind of logical disconnect between team name and city and it’s only because of the team relocating. It’s not exactly an epidemic.

And on the occasions when there has been rebranding after franchises moved, it hasn’t exactly been inspiring. See Thunder and Pelicans.

And Raptors make sense :rofl:
What about bulls in Chicago or Wizards in Washington or Kings in Sacramento

memphis_sounds_012916.jpg

Memphis Sounds >

But it’s the specific animal.

If it was just “Bears” I’d understand.

Buts it’s a Grizzlies Bear. Which are mostly all in Canada.
I hear you, but I personally don’t think it’s that egregious that they absolutely should have changed the name after the move. But that’s me.

My hot take is the Grizzlies should actually be Golden State's mascot considering the grizzly bear is California's state animal.

Bonus points for Golden State Grizzlies because everyone loves alliteration.

Eh, animal names can apply anywhere to me. Not like Chicago is especially known for Bulls or Atlanta for Hawks.

Enh I disagree. There’s actually Hawks in Atlanta (and Falcons too 🏈). And the Bulls names makes sense if you know the history behind the naming. There are zero Grizzly Bears in Memphis let alone the state lol so them not adjusting that name after the Vancouver move was always odd to me.

My hot take is the Grizzlies should actually be Golden State's mascot considering the grizzly bear is California's state animal.

Bonus points for Golden State Grizzlies because everyone loves alliteration.
what about LA and Sac?

Apologies if it's been discussed already, but there isn't a 2022 NBA Finals thread?

Celtics taking games 3 & 4. I still stand by my prediction of Celtics winning the series in 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom