2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Ayton is better than Bam.

Ntm, Ayton shoots damn near 70% from the field and averages more blocks and rebound than Bam.

Ayton is a far more valuable Big if you ask this old man.

Ayton
Screenshot_20220420-153909_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220420-154135_Chrome.jpg

Bam
Screenshot_20220420-153841_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220420-154213_Chrome.jpg

Go back and look at last years finals and how Ayton defended Giannis.

And then go back and look at Bams defense in the bubble.

The extra what 2 points a game you might get from Ayton isn’t worth watching him get dogwalked in the paint by every other big with any type of offensive game.

Bam is a legit First Team All-Defense candidate, can switch and rim protect and is almost a 20 and 10 lock.. and always plays hard

I always liked Ayton but I question what he'll do once he gets that Brinks :lol: for sure want him to get many Brinks, but yeah Ima trust Bam more so

Bam is a legit First Team All-Defense candidate, can switch and rim protect and is almost a 20 and 10 lock.. and always plays hard

I always liked Ayton but I question what he'll do once he gets that Brinks :lol: for sure want him to get many Brinks, but yeah Ima trust Bam more so
Bam is what Benjamin would be if he committed to being a 4/5

No fr.
Luka
Trae
JJJ
Shai
MAGA Porter
Sexton
Gary Trent jr
Miles Bridges
Mikal Bridges
Brunson
Robert Williams

All better than Ayton.

Philly had a 146 offensive rating in G1. That is comically high for the playoffs. In G2 Philly basically took the fourth quarter off & still finished with a 126 offensive rating.

G2 was especially disappointing because Toronto got crushed in G1 & had several low IQ defensive plays in G2.

Harden hasn’t been making 3s consistently all year. You want him to take as many long jumpers as possible. Instead Trent just gives him the lane.

Toronto will switch the PnR and then will switch a wing onto the roll man (Embiid) a lot, here Embiid gets into the paint as Siakam makes the switch. Siakam tries to front but Embiid does a great job sealing. Trent gets Embiid on the arm

They get a cross match in transition with Freddy on Jo, notice how Philly is flat so if Fred wants to switch he will have to sprint from the top of the key to deep in the corner. High IQ stuff. Raps dont get the switch, another foul

- Khem Birch does not get matched up in transition. Open 3

- Boucher crashes glass from the 3 point line & gets an unlucky bounce on the brick. Philly pushes & now has numbers. If your defense is struggling You typically are prioritizing getting back in transition vs. sending guys from the 3pt line to chase o-boards. Questionable touch foul tho :lol:

Phillytakes forever to get into their offense, Tobias doesn’t make the post entry pass, they reset at the top & OG handchecks for no reason :lol:

Embiid rim runs, isn’t picked by Precious until the restricted area. Great position & Freddy helps instead of the much taller Boucher who was on Thybulle :lol:. He misses a great look but has a quicker 2nd jump.

Harden hunts FVV, FVV way too close & invites the drive, they rotate off of Thybulle which is the correct decision, then they blow it by running him off the line :lol:

- OG stays in front of Reed on the drive, I would’ve just dated him to finish instead Siakam provides help & he kicks it out to Harden who’s struggled with his shot all year. Two different raptors try to run him off the line when you WANT him to shoot that. He misses but Toronto is missing two guys on the defensive glass.

- Birch is in drop, FVV fights over the screen well there is no need for Precious to be in this weird one man zone ignoring Tobias like he’s Thybulle. Precious is completely out of position, Harden leads Tobias to the rim & Precious just ball watches for the rest of the play.

- Maxey in for Shake, so now when Harden is on the ball you have Maxey, Green, & Tobias waiting for kickouts. Pick your poison, or I think you should try to encourage Harden to shoot by giving him a little extra cushion defensively. Instead he drives and kicks.

- Birch just got stops playing. You see FVV furious at the end.

- Fred is squared up, Maxey hits him an in-n-out, Fred reaches & loses a step.

Harden hunting Flynn who’s only playing because of injuries & fouls. Danny is in the dunker rather than Embiid, so I’d just let him drive & make him either finish over Siakam or deliver it to Danny & make him finish. Maxey’s man 1 pass away has zero help responsibility in any scenario.

Precious in drop, gets caught in no man’s land as he drops all the way underneath the restricted area :lol:

Boucher not getting matched up off of a make :lol:

Floor unbalanced already so they sell out for the offensive board, don’t get it

They’re not giving themselves a chance. If these are your first Raps game you’re wondering how they even got here :lol: just awful stuff in back to back games.

With Thybulle not playing in Toronto, the only guys in the rotation who shoot below league average are Shake and….. James Harden.

I would stop playing Harden like he’s Curry & give him a cushion to try to encourage some long jumpers.

He doesn’t cut so whenever he gives it up, I’d have his man roam.

If he’s open after Maxey or Embiid kick out to him on a drive/post up, I wouldn’t run him off the line.

I would even really exaggerate this & go under a few of his screens, but I doubt Nurse does that. He should do it occasionally at least.

Embiid? Most you can do with him is try to front him on the block & bring over the man in the weakside corner to form a bracket & prevent lobs. Similar to what Spoelstra did in the finals with Kelly O against AD when Bam couldn’t play. If he wants it he has to go out to 20+ feet to get it.

Only problem is, Embiid is much stronger & knows how to seal. But you at least gotta make him do it.

After Toronto just punted two games in this series with lazy, low IQ defense I think the likelihood you see any of those adjustments is slim.

Not watching, but just checked the score. Bruce Brown is beating the Celtics 9-0? Am I seeing that right?

Philly had a 146 offensive rating in G1. That is comically high for the playoffs. In G2 Philly basically took the fourth quarter off & still finished with a 126 offensive rating.

G2 was especially disappointing because Toronto got crushed in G1 & had several low IQ defensive plays in G2.

Harden hasn’t been making 3s consistently all year. You want him to take as many long jumpers as possible. Instead Trent just gives him the lane.

Toronto will switch the PnR and then will switch a wing onto the roll man (Embiid) a lot, here Embiid gets into the paint as Siakam makes the switch. Siakam tries to front but Embiid does a great job sealing. Trent gets Embiid on the arm

They get a cross match in transition with Freddy on Jo, notice how Philly is flat so if Fred wants to switch he will have to sprint from the top of the key to deep in the corner. High IQ stuff. Raps dont get the switch, another foul

- Khem Birch does not get matched up in transition. Open 3

- Boucher crashes glass from the 3 point line & gets an unlucky bounce on the brick. Philly pushes & now has numbers. If your defense is struggling You typically are prioritizing getting back in transition vs. sending guys from the 3pt line to chase o-boards. Questionable touch foul tho :lol:

Phillytakes forever to get into their offense, Tobias doesn’t make the post entry pass, they reset at the top & OG handchecks for no reason :lol:

Embiid rim runs, isn’t picked by Precious until the restricted area. Great position & Freddy helps instead of the much taller Boucher who was on Thybulle :lol:. He misses a great look but has a quicker 2nd jump.

Harden hunts FVV, FVV way too close & invites the drive, they rotate off of Thybulle which is the correct decision, then they blow it by running him off the line :lol:

- OG stays in front of Reed on the drive, I would’ve just dated him to finish instead Siakam provides help & he kicks it out to Harden who’s struggled with his shot all year. Two different raptors try to run him off the line when you WANT him to shoot that. He misses but Toronto is missing two guys on the defensive glass.

- Birch is in drop, FVV fights over the screen well there is no need for Precious to be in this weird one man zone ignoring Tobias like he’s Thybulle. Precious is completely out of position, Harden leads Tobias to the rim & Precious just ball watches for the rest of the play.

- Maxey in for Shake, so now when Harden is on the ball you have Maxey, Green, & Tobias waiting for kickouts. Pick your poison, or I think you should try to encourage Harden to shoot by giving him a little extra cushion defensively. Instead he drives and kicks.

- Birch just got stops playing. You see FVV furious at the end.

- Fred is squared up, Maxey hits him an in-n-out, Fred reaches & loses a step.

Harden hunting Flynn who’s only playing because of injuries & fouls. Danny is in the dunker rather than Embiid, so I’d just let him drive & make him either finish over Siakam or deliver it to Danny & make him finish. Maxey’s man 1 pass away has zero help responsibility in any scenario.

Precious in drop, gets caught in no man’s land as he drops all the way underneath the restricted area :lol:

Boucher not getting matched up off of a make :lol:

Floor unbalanced already so they sell out for the offensive board, don’t get it

They’re not giving themselves a chance. If these are your first Raps game you’re wondering how they even got here :lol: just awful stuff in back to back games.

With Thybulle not playing in Toronto, the only guys in the rotation who shoot below league average are Shake and….. James Harden.

I would stop playing Harden like he’s Curry & give him a cushion to try to encourage some long jumpers.

He doesn’t cut so whenever he gives it up, I’d have his man roam.

If he’s open after Maxey or Embiid kick out to him on a drive/post up, I wouldn’t run him off the line.

I would even really exaggerate this & go under a few of his screens, but I doubt Nurse does that. He should do it occasionally at least.

Embiid? Most you can do with him is try to front him on the block & bring over the man in the weakside corner to form a bracket & prevent lobs. Similar to what Spoelstra did in the finals with Kelly O against AD when Bam couldn’t play. If he wants it he has to go out to 20+ feet to get it.

Only problem is, Embiid is much stronger & knows how to seal. But you at least gotta make him do it.

After Toronto just punted two games in this series with lazy, low IQ defense I think the likelihood you see any of those adjustments is slim.

Toronto thing is to aggressively attack shooters. When they also tryna triple team Jo everytime someone is bound to be open. Starting Danny means they’re helping off a shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom