2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would have called the flagrant if Clint didn’t get hurt.

Also, that was just weird. How Capella pulled him down and then just completely lost track of where Mobley was falling. Don’t see that often.

There were no other moves to be made besides signing a guy to trade after 2 years? :lol: Don’t wanna play free agency the next year & search for someone to actually add to the core? Paying that much money for a non-core player is ridiculous.

Your franchise player does not defend, you a win a title with him with at a minimum 3 other great defenders on the court, preferably 4. Dropping $20M/yr on a 30+ year old non-all star who can’t move his feet… just to ultimately trade him later on is silliness.
They had young guys that they wanted to play so they didn't want to disrupt their development by signing a guy that would warrant playing time over them.

I don't think Christian Wood or Jerami Grant had any interest in being backups to John Collins. I think they expressed interest in signing Gordon Hayward, but imagine if they handed him a $120M contract instead. :lol:

We already struggle to get stops with Capela cause he’s the only legit defender(I just don’t believe in hunter anymore). I just don’t see how we get stops we just gotta hope they miss and that ain’t a recipe for success

They had young guys that they wanted to play so they didn't want to disrupt their development by signing a guy that would warrant playing time over them.

I don't think Christian Wood or Jerami Grant had any interest in being backups to John Collins. I think they expressed interest in signing Gordon Hayward, but imagine if they handed him a $120M contract instead. :lol:
Fair, Heyward would’ve been nightmare :rofl: Also they didn’t necessarily need to spend every cent of the room in that single off-season. Still had 1 more year before Collins was due.

Bogey was a great move & that was plenty. If you can’t get someone to add to the core the prudent move is to sit on the space & try again next year.

3-17 from 3 is pretty rough. The fact it’s only a 10 point game is kinda crazy with the turnover differential too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom