2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

There’s nothing wrong with the concept of the 1 game play in imo. And to be an honest, a situation like last night where there’s a 16 game win difference between the wild card teams is an anomaly. The wild card play in game has been going on for 10 seasons. Prior to last night 6 games was the biggest win difference between the two teams playing.

I just think they should reseed the 5 playoff teams according to record once the season ends and have the two teams with the least amount of wins in each league play in the 1 game play in. I’m fine with division winners being guaranteed a playoff spot. But they shouldn’t be exempt from playing in the play in game.

Baseball has had some weird playoff formats over the years which made no type of sense though. From 1969-1993 they used to rotate home field advantage between west and east every year. Didn’t matter if you had more wins than the other division winner. So you had teams like the 1986 Mets and other 100 plus win teams not having home field advantage against teams who won way less games than they did.

Prior to adding the second wild card team, if the wild card team played in the same division as the team with the best record in each league. They couldn’t meet until the NLCS/ALCS. Hell we had home field advantage in the World Series determined by which league wins the All Star game for a while, so MLB has a habit of just doing stuff which doesn’t make sense for the sake of doing so.

I may say f it and fly out to frisco to go to a game or I may save my money for a potential World Series game at Dodgers stadiu. Decisions decisions…..

Pretty pumped for this Astros/White Sox series.
2005 World Series rematch, old manager showdown, Dusty vs the Chicago media, and both teams are pretty solid all around. Should be good :pimp:

You did watch Barry every day, so I guess you can spot a juicer when you see one :tongue:
Ha!

But seriously. The idea that Brady was juicing is so illogical, yet everyone assumes he was.

We are to believe that Brady juiced during the 1996 season, had a ridiculous career year, and then decided that for the 1997 season (his contract year) that he just was like "nah I'm good, I'm gonna go back to how I was pre-steroids." His big season was a fluke, not a steroid influenced breakout. A fluke makes far more sense.

Last edited:
I expected this sort of slow start from the White Sox. They’ve been in cruise control since before the All Star break. I hope they can get it together game 2 and so on

Arozarena and Franco is so nice.
I didn't think that Wander played enough to be up for ROY.
To be honest, I don't recall him even playing until TB dealt Adames at the deadline.
I remember Adames being a little salty because they(TB) were doing so well, so he proceeded to go to MIL and play the best he'd ever played so far in his career. Wander was in the middle of his OnBase Streak but believe it or not, Adames numbers were a little bit better across the board in every category.

I can see why they dealt Adames though, I just don't remember Wander prior to that Trade, but I heard talks of ROY for him.

I didn't think that Wander played enough to be up for ROY.
To be honest, I don't recall him even playing until TB dealt Adames at the deadline.
I remember Adames being a little salty because they(TB) were doing so well, so he proceeded to go to MIL and play the best he'd ever played so far in his career. Wander was in the middle of his OnBase Streak but believe it or not, Adames numbers were a little bit better across the board in every category.

I can see why they dealt Adames though, I just don't remember Wander prior to that Trade, but I heard talks of ROY for him.
I hear you. I just think he's going to be a special player. He, Arozarena, and Robert are going to be some of the players that will be fun to watch for many years.

Back
Top Bottom