2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

They’re never going to get it right.
At least it’s righter than NBA playoffs where in a 30team league, 16 of them make the Playoffs
I don’t think having over 1/2 of the teams in league make the playoffs is “right.” You don’t deserve to make the playoffs if you’re under .500 and every year there’s teams in the East under .500 making the playoffs. To me that just allows mediocrity at the bottom and it’s more about money

Last edited:
How do they feel about it though? Aren’t most of them priced out from going to the games now?

They also will feel different vibe. It could be either positive or negative. All I know is that it won't be just same for sure. That's how I felt about Shea Stadium and Citi Field. I felt more exciting at Shea Stadium than at Citi Field. Even I like Citi. It's just I like Shea better. The crazy part is that Shea had more seating capacity than Citi :sick:

I never forget Wenger's words; "Arsenal left their soul at old stadium"

Yeah they didn't lose the team, but I got family and friends in Richmond and Oakland that tell me how it's not the same. A's leaving Oakland would be absolutely terrible and from the outside looking in it really looks like the franchise could've done more to stay. I feel awful for folks on that side of the Bay Bridge...

Its definitely not the same, but I feel like it hasnt been the same for a long time prior to moving to SF.

I dont want the A's to move either. I love going to A's games. It would be terrible for the area. But I dont think this nor the Raiders moving is even close to the same thing as the Warriors moving 15 miles.

Its definitely not the same, but I feel like it hasnt been the same for a long time prior to moving to SF.

I dont want the A's to move either. I love going to A's games. It would be terrible for the area. But I dont think this nor the Raiders moving is even close to the same thing as the Warriors moving 15 miles.
Oh no you're right. The actual access to the team is still there and the truth is that the "We Believe" crowd had been weeded out slowly, especially after the 2015 title and more so when KD arrived. My people out there were sad about the Warriors going to the City but they always realized it wasn't just Oakland's team, they just prided having the team physically there for all those years...

A team leaving the damn state is way different, I don't see how/why those fans would hold on at all. I got a coworker who's dad lived in Albany and still rooted for the Dodgers until he passed last year, stuff like that is wild to me.

If the Timberwolves won a title, beyond that, three titles, the tickets would be crazy, instead I can go to games for $15 like your J-Rich/Dampier/Foyle days. I don’t think it can all be explained by the San Francisco movement.

Thank you. I’m tired of people crying that one of the two 100+ win NL west teams will be going home. It’s just the way it shakes out sometimes. Also, the fact that they both have 100 wins stems from their season-long divisional race. If they played in different divisions that weren’t as competitive until the end, they might’ve both ended up with 90+ wins like everyone else. It’s all relative and win totals are irrelevant now. The Braves are playing good baseball and could knock out either of these teams if they stay hot.
The Padres were expected to win 90+ games, but the Giants took everyone by surprise. The Padres weren't a bad team, they had a firm grip on the top wild card spot until mid-August. But the Dodgers went 12-8 against them and the Giants went 11-9 against them. The Giants went 10-9 against the Dodgers. These 3 teams played each other 25% of the season and were barely over .500 because of how competitive they were. Yet, 2 of these teams were still head and shoulders above everyone else and one of them will be going home much sooner than they should be. Plus, the Rockies weren't even trash. They finished 4th and had 74 wins, compared to NL East 4th place Miami who had 67 wins.
Just build a new ballpark at the other end of the parking lot with mixed retail/housing. No need to move to Vegas.
Not that easy. The A's ownership wants Howard Terminal and everything in their proposal met while the city wants to include affordable housing which their ownership is scoffing at. The city of Oakland has had their own faults in the discussion but A's ownership has been downright despicable.

23805F5E-9811-4A97-9D71-3F049F62BD2D.jpeg

Just checked regular season box scores

Giants won 3 games when it came to Webb vs Urias matchups this season

Urias = 5 AB, 4 strikeouts against Webb

Back
Top Bottom