2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

The contract was pretty backloaded from what I read which benefited the nationals more so than Soto. Kept that AAV number lower for the first part of that contract. I can see why he turned it down considering the numbers these guys are seeing upfront.

The contract was pretty backloaded from what I read which benefited the nationals more so than Soto. Kept that AAV number lower for the first part of that contract. I can see why he turned it down considering the numbers these guys are seeing upfront.

Not to mention the fact that the franchise has shown they can’t sustain a winner. If he stays in Washington he’s going to have to go through a rebuild and if they ever win another World Series, he can’t trust that they won’t go through another fire sale. If I’m a player I’m thinking **** that, get on the phone with the Yankees, Dodgers, or Red Sox and get me a better deal.

Some Latin artist I think. Maybe another J Blavin but idk who that is either.

Bad Bunny is probably the biggest star in the latin music world at the moment

My buddy is a DJ down here in Miami and he tells me that all he gets are Bad Bunny requests all night long :lol:

I don’t follow the Padres that well, didn’t know he couldn’t stay on the field. This is the first time I seen him miss significant time.

Tatis started swinging with two hands all the way through cause his shoulder would easily separate or something. But I believe he’s currently dealing with a wrist injury. Depending on if they’re in the playoff hunt will probably determine if he plays at all this year.

He’s 23 and can get more money from a better franchise. C’mon CP, you’ve been around the game for ages you know this…

Understandable, but it's theeeee biggest contract offer in history. It's a few bucks shy of a HALF A BILLION and he's like, "nah". :lol:

Iono man. I assume then he wants 15/475ish from NY/LA but they will have to give up 5+ assets as well just to get him.

This is what I expected Trout was gonna get. :lol:

Tatis started swinging with two hands all the way through cause his shoulder would easily separate or something. But I believe he’s currently dealing with a wrist injury. Depending on if they’re in the playoff hunt will probably determine if he plays at all this year.

And the worst part of his injury is he did it to himself.

Had a motorcycle accident in the offseason. He didn't know the wrist was broken until he reported to spring training.

And the worst part of his injury is he did it to himself.

Had a motorcycle accident in the offseason. He didn't know the wrist was broken until he reported to spring training.

He knew he had broken his wrist but couldn't get the team doctors to look at it before spring training because of the lock out.

The Padres are in the playoff hunt for 1 of the 3 wild card teams. He will be back around mid August. The plan right now is batting practice and then build up to a couple rehab starts over the next 3 or 4 weeks.

Tatis will regret his contract In the future. Soto and his agent were smart.

Regret what? Not holding out for a bigger contract.

He wants to be here in San Diego and play his entire career here is why he signed his current contract.

Padres ownership is good and willing to spend money for other players and the the team is competitive for the playoffs each season the past few years. This is not like the Nationals situation right now where they have been dumping every key player the past 2 seasons and reports are saying the team is up for sale.

That's the main reason why Juan Soto wants out of DC and his agent is Scott Boras who know Soto will be one of the first $500 million contract players in 2 seasons when he can become a free agent.

Last edited:
There were reports that said otherwise.

Either way stay off a motorcycle when you are a star player.

Yeah seen it in sports way to many athletes do stupid stuff during the off season to injure themselves. Jeff Kent riding a motorcycle and injuring his wrist, Jason Pierre-Paul messing around with fireworks and blowing off some fingers, Jason Williams ending his career because of a motorcycle injury.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom