2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

IMG_1468.gif

Think it’ll be dependent on how long/if Trout is out. If he’s out. Don’t think their farm system is great to begin with. Think they’d rather replenish it than deplete it more for a slim chance at the playoffs and maybe getting out of the wildcard. Again, this is all dependent on how long/of Trout is out.

IF Arte gave the green light, I’d say Baltimore and Tampa are the two with the most assets and conviction to trade for Ohtani as a rental. It would be the best shot at the World Series this year, which could satisfy those fanbases for the next decade potentially. Even if Ohtani walks afterwards, both of those teams are stocked to compete for the next 3-4 years.

Last edited:
I just can’t see them doing it. I know they risk getting nothing if they let let him walk and he signs elsewhere but Arte won’t ever live down trading Ohtani regardless of what the haul is.

Really nervous about the Trout injury if he’s out a good while they’re going to have an incredibly hard time staying in contention.

Trout, Neto, Drury, Urshela, O’Hoppe, Ben Joyce, Matt Moore all hurt.

Last edited:
I just can’t see them doing it. I know they risk getting nothing if they let let him walk and he signs elsewhere but Arte won’t ever live down trading Ohtani regardless of what the haul is.

Really nervous about the Trout injury if he’s out a good while they’re going to have an incredibly hard time staying in contention.

Trout, Neto, Drury, Urshela, O’Hoppe, Ben Joyce, Matt Moore all hurt.
Yeah I don’t see him allowing a trade either. Feel bad for Trout because they have a shot this season, and Texas has shown signs of slipping recently too.

Yeah I don’t see him allowing a trade either. Feel bad for Trout because they have a shot this season, and Texas has shown signs of slipping recently too.

They’re still within earshot of the division and definitely in contention for the wild card they’re certainly still in the race. IMO they’re going to push all the chips in and try and make moves at the deadline.

Snell had an audition for them last night I believe he can be had but it won’t come cheap. Also need a few bats and some bullpen help. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do.

Son of a *****. This is really gonna put the pressure on Arte and Perry to either continue to go all in or bite the bullet and backlash and look to deal Ohtani.

I hate this.

Son of a *****. This is really gonna put the pressure on Arte and Perry to either continue to go all in or bite the bullet and backlash and look to deal Ohtani.

I hate this.
Cartaya, Vargas, Outman, Pepiot, Miller, and Sheehan. Pick 3. Take it or leave it :pimp: :D

Thiss is the perfect excuse to trade Ohtani and not have the fans hate you. Worked out great for Arte and Perry

Thiss is the perfect excuse to trade Ohtani and not have the fans hate you. Worked out great for Arte and Perry

They’re gonna get heat for it regardless. People will always hold it against them for not doing more when you had two of the best players in the game and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Back
Top Bottom