2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

2018 - .210
2022 - .143
2023 - .000

Compare his reg season numbers to this. Massive dropoff.

Sample sizes are small in 2022 and 2023, but I get the criticism because he didn't show up. While he wasn't great in 2018, it's hard to ignore 2020 and 2021, where he was really good for the most part. Truth is that Mook isn't a great post season performer, but he's also not a terrible one like folks are painting him to be...

I get Acuna batted .200 this playoffs and was similar in the 2018 and 2020 season, but batted .333 last season and .444 in '19 playoffs. That's definitely showing up more than Mookie at this point.

On the flipside, when it comes to postseason performers...

Props to him man, he's done all he can to live up to all that hype when he was a kid and turned into one of the baddest men in the game :pimp:

Just missing that chip for his resume

Last edited:
and just think HE CHOSE PHILADELPHIA

i know that $300M talks but he truly CHOSE to play here

EYE still remember when that news broke and people were laughing at it - Yet look at that contract 5 years later.. sure no chip but thats cool

HE BROUGHT BASEBALL BACK IN PHILLY and the front office has been doing a terrific job

“I love this place,” he said, becoming emotional. “Flat out, I love this place. There’s nothing like coming into the Bank and playing in front of these fans. Blue-collar mentality, tough, fighting every single day. I get chills, man. I get so fired up. Man, I love this place!

“I signed here for a reason, to do everything I could to bring back a trophy to this town, to [owner John] Middleton, to this organization. I got chills thinking about it, because that’s what it’s all about. I absolutely love this place.

“I love every single person in this organization, fighting, clawing every single day to get back to that moment. There were so many good times in ’07, ’08, ’09, 2010, ’11. And I want to get back to that moment into the postseason and playing in front of these fans and Red October.

“I could go on and on, man. There’s nothing like playing here, and Garrett Stubbs said it best, man: ‘If you don’t like it, you can get out, because we don’t want you here.’ And we want to be able to come in each night and play our game, and they are with us in this every single step of the way.”

Last edited:
Anyone here know a site where you could order a Yomiuri Giants hat shipped to the US?

Like what? :lol:

This reeks of whining, man. Should they just have the top 2 teams from each league start directly in the LCS? It's sports. **** happens.

THAT literally makes the playoffs better :lol:

it's why hockey post season is so electric...8 seeds always causing a ruckus :pimp:

sent my record setting Bruins team home last year in round 1 which sucked for me, but it was great entertainment

Like what? :lol:

This reeks of whining, man. Should they just have the top 2 teams from each league start directly in the LCS? It's sports. **** happens.
Less off days. There should be no off days between games 1 and 2. WC home team is up 1-0 so they just have to win 1 game. That way bye teams dont have to wait as long. LDS 7 games for a larger sample size.

These are easy fixes. :smh:

Back
Top Bottom