2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Going to the NYY would actually be Ohtani’s best career move. He’d actually be a real star and be spoken about.

Maybe he’s realizing that? 🤔

I doubt ohtani comes to NY... he wasnt even looking at NY when he came to the MLB thats why he picked somewhere low key like the angels... too much pressure for him imo...hopefully I'm wrong though lol
He did look at New York. He met with the Yankees and they wanted him to pitch only. Or choose one or the other.
joke-i-dont-get-it.gif
In my defense and wouldn’t be wrong to think you’re not joking, you’ve been very outspoken against Ohtani :lol:

Going to the NYY would actually be Ohtani’s best career move. He’d actually be a real star and be spoken about.

Maybe he’s realizing that? 🤔
Yeah because he wouldn’t be talked about if he went to the Dodgers, Mets, or Giants.

These points are just dumb so I will TEST them. Large Asian population as if Cali doesn’t. Best media market as if LA isn’t also 1A. Let’s hear an argument for the Yankees that others can’t also tout.

The Dodgers haven’t proven they can win in the last decade? The Yankees have, but when you say both you mean who

Wherever he goes, he’d fit. Plain and simple. Each fan base is going to claim theirs is better, especially for Ohtani. Again, this isn’t that deep :lol:

Look how up in arms they are at just the mere thought of Ohtani coming to the Yankees in here already :lol:

This is why it’d be perfect. Baseball needs a good villain.

They had a great villain this past season.

The San Diego Padres.

Except they were great in an Adam West’s Batman type of villian :lol:

Just feels so easy for the Phillies to get men on base vs the Braves seeming like they gotta move a mountain to do the same

My guess is potentially a smaller market with a contract full of opt outs. Predicting he’d still take a top 3-4 offer (money-wise), but would settle for a team where he’d have best discretion for all aspects of his career.

The coverage will be fun though, and I think he signs well before Winter Meetings.

Back
Top Bottom