2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Marlins are terrible in how they operate, but at least they've won the World Series in recent memory (97 and 03).

Jack Morris is in but Mike Mussina isn't :lol:

Yeah its a joke, but Mussina is on the main ballot still. So it is kind of different.

Morris has absolutely no business in the Hall of Fame. His case is built on nostalgia and memories rather than statistics. Probably the least deserving starter in the HOF by a mile.

Marlins are terrible in how they operate, but at least they've won the World Series in recent memory (97 and 03).
and its not like theyve had a single owner in that span...not sure whats the knicks excuse
marlins really won, rebuilt then won again only to tear it down multiple times after...

Jack Morris is my dude...but I agree we are lowering the bar with the baseball HOF. Still hard as hell to get in to - but every new person involved wants this to change - we are seeing it happen.
Personally I don't understand what the HOF is even doing with all this voting, I mean Alan Trammell was a top SS in his day and def. has his case...but there is something wrong with the HOF process when their own way of voting dictated Alan Trammell hovered in the (essentially) 20-30% of votes range for 15 years on the ballot. One year later they put him right in.

Back
Top Bottom