2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

I was watching that Astros/Padres game and when those 3 were running in for the ball, all I heard was Simpson's music :rofl:

Agree with Dodger great Steve Garvey.

Giants Dodgers is the best rivalry in baseball history.

I’ve come to respect the Giants organization a lot as a Dodger fan, but still wish the worst outcome for them every season. The Dodgers/Giants rivalry is amazing and actually more of a rivalry compared to the Red Sox/Yankee one because the west coast franchises’ success against each other is more even.

However overall, the BOS/NYY rivalry is more storied and means more to baseball IMO. So much history and the stories even in my lifetime that I feel may have been relevant to all true baseball fans.

I’ve come to respect the Giants organization a lot as a Dodger fan, but still wish the worst outcome for them every season. The Dodgers/Giants rivalry is amazing and actually more of a rivalry compared to the Red Sox/Yankee one because the west coast franchises’ success against each other is more even.

However overall, the BOS/NYY rivalry is more storied and means more to baseball IMO. So much history and the stories even in my lifetime that I feel may have been relevant to all true baseball fans.

See this is where I disagree with you. The NY/BOS rivalry is not more storied. Giants Dodgers rivalry dates back to roughly 1890 where as the Yankees and RedSox began at the turn of the century. And above and beyond that, most historians credit the trade of Babe Ruth to be the real spark of that rivalry.

Also, the Giants Dodgers rivalry has been relatively even. The Yankees Red Sox one is incredibly one sided.

it's cause the fanbases/atmospheres are more intense and energetic in NY and Boston. i DO NOT mean that as in the fans are better. that is NOT what i'm saying. but it's a noticeable difference as far as energy. as someone that's now lived in Boston, NY, and the Bay Area (can't speak for LA)...there's a difference in the fervor and intensity amongst the fanbases between east and west. i think part of it is because there are more transplants in the Bay that dissolves some of it at games and when you're watching out at bars. again, this is nothing about the actual fans. it's more of the atmosphere of the rivalry.

Let us not forget the MLB tried to good this up with their stupid 25-5 International FA rule. Shohei Ohtani, what a story so far.

Trout & Ohtani.

Watching Greatness and it's Greatest :pimp:

1E8919A7-FD5D-4959-8529-1F5FE16C8CD2.jpeg

People are totally underselling this Ohtani story.

If he's able to throw 100mph as an ace and hit 450ft bombs as a hitter that's has to make him the greatest pure athletes baseball has ever produced

and one of the best pure athletes ever right??

Back
Top Bottom