2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Jeets has got a plan tho

Tonight's paid attendance for Mets-Marlins of 7,003 is the smallest announced crowd ever for a game at Marlins Park. Before tonight, the worst attendance at the park was 10,428 on April 1 of this year. — Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond)

Tonight's crowd of 7,003 in Miami was the second-smallest in any normal MLB game this decade. The first game on this list was in Williamsport, Pa. The next three were moved from Houston to St. Petersburg, Fla., at the last moment because of Hurricane Harvey. — Jared Diamond (@jareddiamond)

And more!
Marlins Claim British Virgin Islands Citizenship In Attempt To Avoid Miami Court

Deadspin

In February, Miami-Dade County, which owns Marlins Park, sued Jeffrey Loria for its agreed upon share of the profits from the sale of the team, but Loria has attempted to avoid paying out by claiming that he actually lost $140 million in the sale. (Loria bought the team for $159 million and sold it for $1.2 billion. Presumably, some creative on-paper accounting took place here.) Miami-Dade County also named as a defendant Derek Jeter’s new ownership group, claiming that the Jeter group is contractually responsible to cover any disputes over Loria’s accounting. Now the Jeter group is attempting a relatively novel ploy to avoid having to go to court.

According to the Miami Herald, the Jeter group has filed a claim that the company that owns the team is actually a corporate citizen of the British Virgin Islands, and as such, any legal disputes are therefore international ones and should be heard by a federal judge instead of a Miami-Dade judge. Why does that matter? The Miami-Dade judge, in a preliminary ruling, has already sided against the Jeter group by rejecting their request for the dispute to be heard by an arbitrator. Going to federal court would strip that judge of the case and presumably make it more likely that the team would be successful in its attempts to go to arbitration.

What’s the source of the Marlins’ claim to BVI citizenship? Strap in. Well, Abernue Ltd., one corporation (of many) that owns a piece of Marlins Holdings LLC, is incorporated in the British Virgin Islands. Marlins Holdings LLC owns Marlins Funding. Marlins Funding owns Marlins Teamco. Marlins Teamco was formed last year by Jeter and majority owner Bruce Sherman and the other partners in order to purchase the team from Loria.

“Accordingly, Marlins Teamco is a citizen of the British Virgin Islands,” the Marlins claimed in their court filing.

Astonishing how some of these people get jobs.

The Ohtani concerns were real and thr Angels really were in a tough spot if he contined to steuggle early im the season. Im not gonna hate on those takes. It was always truly stupid to me to hear people say they were happy they didn't get him after one Spring Training. That was every Ddoger fan and radio station out here in LA :lol:

The Ohtani concerns were real and thr Angels really were in a tough spot if he contined to steuggle early im the season. Im not gonna hate on those takes. It was always truly stupid to me to hear people say they were happy they didn't get him after one Spring Training. That was every Ddoger fan and radio station out here in LA :lol:

But it's SPRING TRAINING. From jump, you gotta give the kid a chance to learn the league and what not. It's like the dumb asses that write off rookies in Summer League in the NBA. Give them a chance to get their feet set, then let your takes bake a little.

When all sports coverage is now is the HOT TAKE this is the crap we're gonna get. It's basically every day. And no accountability because well it's time for today's HOT TAKE to flip the script.

The utter definition of this is the crap Stephen A. video shorts ESPN litters their home page with every singe day. I just wish I would have started actually saving the evidence (not that it would have mattered anyway) as literally there are certain topics Stephen A has done a 180 on 6 different times without anyone noticing - and bonus he is presented to us as ESPN's resident expert on all things sports. All rise and listen to the gospel of Stephen *%#^ing A Smith.

I have spoken against those stupid *** hot takes for years (as have a lot of you guys) but that is the culture.

OJ and the Tonya/Nancy saga are the reasons (IMO) that ESPN decided to stop delivering the news and start sensationalizing every damn thing and have dumbed down their audience. They are like OK magazine and what not at the grocery store. "news" is what someone heard someone else say about someone else reportedly over a radio interview in Beirut, "breaking news" :lol:

**** you ESPN.

Mike and the Mad Dog probably never even saw him but you know what, there were scouts saying Ohtani needed 500 minor league at bats so whatever. It’s not that big of a deal.

And as of gametime, reports are 974 tickets were actually scanned to enter the game. Looks like A's fans are off the hook for a little while. :lol:

Wow :lol:

MLB really needs to figure out their start of the year scheduling w these northern teams.

I mean......kids are in school, people got work, it's 12-1 o clock, it's 33 degrees, yeah, I wouldn't want to go either unless I was already rich or worked weekends only or somethin. :lol:

I mean......kids are in school, people got work, it's 12-1 o clock, it's 33 degrees, yeah, I wouldn't want to go either unless I was already rich or worked weekends only or somethin. :lol:
Cant beat he prices right now.

Ain't eem care bout the Cs.

Sox just gotta...
IMG_0336.GIF

Back
Top Bottom