2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

8e76fd0e_kermit-the-perv-frog.jpeg

Cubs :lol:
Understatement 
Ok so I definitely jinxed the NYY W, but this is redic, let me undo what I've done

I put myself to sleep when Chapman blew it. Was pretty tired and knew I had to wake up early today.

I never fully understood the reasoning of getting RBI opportunities for the top of the lineup. The batting order each inning isn't set in stone, you could go 3 and out or you could bat around you can't predict that. Even if there's an actual hitter batting ninth, you're just moving the auto out up one spot. The situation isn't gonna change much; if it's 8-9-1 coming up the lead off hitter is coming up one on and one out ideally in either situation

I never fully understood the reasoning of getting RBI opportunities for the top of the lineup. The batting order each inning isn't set in stone, you could go 3 and out or you could bat around you can't predict that. Even if there's an actual hitter batting ninth, you're just moving the auto out up one spot. The situation isn't gonna change much; if it's 8-9-1 coming up the lead off hitter is coming up one on and one out ideally in either situation

The batting order each inning isn't set in stone, but the order in front of your big(ger) bats is. :lol:

He has various reasons for it, some are the hitting in front of the top of the lineup, some is when he wants to pinch hit for pitchers and such, he went into full detail back in 2015 but I don't remember it all. Another piece was having someone like Baez or Almora (or in 2015 Russell) up with Schwarber on deck, maybe they get a better pitch to hit and can actually do something with it as opposed to a pitcher. For that to truly take affect, Schwarber has to get his feet back under him.

It's like anything else, sometimes it helps us, sometimes it hurts us.

#8 for the SP makes perfect sense to me.
I would definitely prefer my 1 hole to have a man on base when he comes to the plate and SP or RP at 8 and a position player at 9 increases that chance.

Last edited:
Jameson Taillon underwent surgery Monday for suspected testicular cancer.
Awful to hear. A timetable for Taillon's return is obviously up in the air at this point, as his treatment plan is pending further testing. Hopefully everything comes out well for the young right-hander. Trevor Williams is currently occupying Taillon's spot in the Pirates' rotation.

[emoji]128532[/emoji]

What the **** man, really hoping this is just a precautionary measure and he'll make a speedy recovery.

Anyone else's At Bat app been a lil funky the last few days?

Scores not updating, showing the wrong game when you press one, etc.

Cody Bellinger is sweet AF with that stance.
Throw that Young Man an inside high fastball and it's goodnight.

There is so much talent in the league but watching Bellinger at the plate gets me going something major man.
I love highball hitters and he's getting blessed with them 2 or 3 times per game man.

MLB is on fire.

Best records in baseball --

1. Yankees: 21-9 (.700)
2. Orioles: 21-10 (.677)
3. Nationals: 21-11 (.656)
3. Astros: 21-11 (.656)
5. Rockies: 20-12 (.625)

Back
Top Bottom