2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Realmuto, Segura, Cutch, Robertson. Phillies have had the best offseason by far.

But I’m gonna keep it real with y’all, I’m gonna be a sad boy if we don’t get Harper :lol:

Snapped a pic last summer next to his statue in Harrisburg where he played minor league with the Senators. Got that **** locked and loaded the moment he signs
What are you gonna do if he signs in LA?

Just enjoy the team we got

I know i will as a phillies fan.

Man i cant wait till the season as a whole for the MLB

Ready to watch these damn 1:05 games during work :nthat:

Yeah it must be awesome to be the redheaded stepchild of the Bay Area market, not have a stadium, not be able to afford to keep your best players, and not win anything of substance for 3 decades.
Shoulda let those bums leave to Florida, and it's not fair to pick on anyone for being poor ya big bully.

Realmuto, Segura, Cutch, Robertson. Phillies have had the best offseason by far.

But I’m gonna keep it real with y’all, I’m gonna be a sad boy if we don’t get Harper :lol:

Snapped a pic last summer next to his statue in Harrisburg where he played minor league with the Senators. Got that **** locked and loaded the moment he signs

Im not sure you had a better offseason than the Mets.
The additions of Wilson, Familia and Diaz to our bullpen alone might be better than your offseason.

The additions of Wilson, Familia and Diaz to our bullpen alone might be better than your offseason.

source.gif

Better than the Phillies hmm let’s look at it

Cano < Segura
Diaz > Robertson
Lowrie > McCutchen
Realmuto > Ramos

Familia is a net negative

I would say it’s equal at best.

Better than the Phillies hmm let’s look at it

Cano < Segura
Diaz > Robertson
Lowrie > McCutchen
Realmuto > Ramos

Familia is a net negative

I would say it’s equal at best.

Maybe so, but the thing is, the Phillies already had a better team in place. Mets haven't done enough to improve IMO where I would say they had "by far" the better offseason.

Hopefully you dont get the Oakland familia. That might be enough to offset having diaz.

If the Phillies don’t get Harper it’s a bad offseason. Just after the stupid money comment and getting neither is just down right funny.

But I would like to see a full season of that NL East (Phils, Braves, Mets). Assuming Mets stay healthy (they won’t) they can make it interesting.

Yeah. Don’t think they contend, but also thought the Braves wouldn’t be anywhere near where they were last year. They have some interesting pieces in Turner, Soto and Robles plus the rotation should be stellar

Marlins just sitting there doing nothing. :lol:

Yeah. Don’t think they contend, but also thought the Braves wouldn’t be anywhere near where they were last year. They have some interesting pieces in Turner, Soto and Robles plus the rotation should be stellar

Marlins just sitting there doing nothing. :lol:

Jeter wanted Pettitte to join him and Jorge but Andy basically told him "Nah, I'm good" :lol: .

I can definitely see Posada transitioning into a manager role whenever Mattingly gets the boot.

If the Phillies don’t get Harper it’s a bad offseason. Just after the stupid money comment and getting neither is just down right funny.

But I would like to see a full season of that NL East (Phils, Braves, Mets). Assuming Mets stay healthy (they won’t) they can make it interesting.
It's not a bad off-season unless you're a star groupie which a lot of people are. It won't be as good I'll give you that but bad nah not at all.

It's not a bad off-season unless you're a star groupie which a lot of people are. It won't be as good I'll give you that but bad nah not at all.

Optically more so than results is what I meant

Owner comes out and says they will spend stupid money and get turned down by the big names is egg on the face statement.

Optically more so than results is what I meant

Owner comes out and says they will spend stupid money and get turned down by the big names is egg on the face statement.
He technically never said that about "stupid money". Folks just mix and matched the words together but I get your point. I can agree with from an optics pov but I thought you might have meant results and I couldn't agreed with that. I can agree optically but that's moreso messageboard and twitter talk once the games start and there they've got better.

Harper been a clown but if he's now prolonging this to top Arenados AAV, Idk how you can cave in and meet those demands. He aint that good.

Harper been a clown but if he's now prolonging this to top Arenados AAV, Idk how you can cave in and meet those demands. He aint that good.
He’s not that good. Two years of batting over .300. One year with over 100 rbi’s. But people think he’s worth $300 million just because he’s in his prime. Yea good luck with that contract in 5 years

And getting $300 million coming off a .249 year “in your prime” :lol:

Back
Top Bottom