2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

hell yea great signing for the yankees

who cares about the AAV and the price... another deal that had to get done and it was the only right choice

man do i feel bad for trout smh angels please get my man some help

That cole contract is way too long.

The AAV is market, but man.....9 years ?

Have they not learned with Elsbury and to a lesser extent, Stanton ?

I wonder whats going to happen with Judge and Gleyber when they become free agents.

I wonder whats going to happen with Judge and Gleyber when they become free agents.

He's got an opt-out (which I can't see him doing) year 5.

Last time a pitcher hit free agency like this was Sherzer and Cole’s last two seasons are better than Sherzer’s last two seasons before he got paid. People just talking **** cause it’s the Yankees. Players like this don’t hit the market.

I don't. Trout voluntarily reupped with Anaheim knowing he's wasting his career there.

you dont think at any time during the extension talks angels were telling him well get you some help ?

you aint wrong no doubt he voluntarily reupped but there had to be some persuasive going on i would think

Last time a pitcher hit free agency like this was Sherzer and Cole’s last two seasons are better than Sherzer’s last two seasons before he got paid. People just talking **** cause it’s the Yankees. Players like this don’t hit the market.
The years are CRAZY, but who cares? The Yanks can handle it.

It's only an overpay if they don't win a few titles. But it's a move you have to make, given the crazy high ceiling of that team's make up.

It could wind up being a CP3 signing or a KD signing. Won't really know for a few years.

That's why they needed to land him. Pricey, sure, but it ain't my money and it's the ******* Yankees we are talking about here :lol: .

They’ll more than likely resign them.

The Yankees are worth $4.6 billion dollars on Forbes.
They made $668 million in revenue calendar year 2018.

They do not overpay for anything. There is no such thing.

This is why the penny pinching & half measures the past few seasons have been annoying. But maybe this was the plan all along & I owe Hal Steinbrenner an apology if it was.

you dont think at any time during the extension talks angels were telling him well get you some help ?

you aint wrong no doubt he voluntarily reupped but there had to be some persuasive going on i would think

I need proof that you're trying to help. I would have waited.

Going to be interesting to see how aggressively the Rangers push on Rendon.

Offloaded Mazara and his money today. There's been whispers they'll try to make two splashes this offseason. The big one with Rendon and the other potentially for a pitcher.

Back
Top Bottom