2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

These MLB owners are trash. I’m on the players side completely.

But while I get the owners perspective. I just can’t agree with it. Despite years of record profits and their franchises constantly growing in value, they don’t want to take a loss, even if it’s just a brief minor loss. That’s their prerogative.

That said. Them crying poverty and trying to frame it as if they don’t make much from owning their teams is an insult to the intelligence of anyone with a brain. Just be straight up and say that regardless of how much you made in recent years, you aren’t trying to budge at all.

What the Cardinals owner said the other day about how owning a team isn’t very profitable is worse than what Blake Snell said by far because of the open dishonesty. Especially with him just dropping $8 million on a new Beverly Hills mansion in the midst of a pandemic. It’s his money to spend as he pleases. But if times are tough. From an optics perspective, that doesn’t reflect that.

Screenshot_20200613-193148.png

This sport is dead. The owners didn't even want a 10 round draft because they're too cheap. Some owners are even releasing close to 50 minor league players. Manfred couldn't even put together a proper statement on George Floyd's passing and racial injustice in America in a timely manner

This Yankees news is to distract us and players.

Astros should **** and just be thankful baseball isn’t playing and people have kind of let it go because we’re all going through something so much bigger

Was that a steroid reference? That was a league wide thing. Not just the yanks.

Exactly. But the Yankees had a ton of players, and pivotal players at that, while they were winning. They're sort of the poster team for the BALCO era. Just like the Astros and Red Sox will be the poster teams for the sign stealing-replay room use.

Exactly. But the Yankees had a ton of players, and pivotal players at that, while they were winning. They're sort of the poster team for the BALCO era. Just like the Astros and Red Sox will be the poster teams for the sign stealing-replay room use.

that list wasn’t the list of total players using though by any means. At one point it was believed more than three quarters of the league was using during that time period. It’s not as if the playing field wasn’t level. Plenty of other teams had pivotal players, even your Sox. To paint it as if it was just the yanks because it was during a time when they were winning is a bit egregious. Again, it was league wide.

edit - egregious probably wasn’t the right word but I was distracted watching my 3 kids under 3 and couldn’t think of a better one lol. Probably more so misinformed or ill advised to say they were the biggest cheaters.

Last edited:
that list wasn’t the list of total players using though by any means. At one point it was believed more than three quarters of the league was using during that time period. It’s not as if the playing field wasn’t level. Plenty of other teams had pivotal players, even your Sox. To paint it as if it was just the yanks because it was during a time when they were winning is a bit egregious. Again, it was league wide.

edit - egregious probably wasn’t the right word but I was distracted watching my 3 kids under 3 and couldn’t think of a better one lol. Probably more so misinformed or ill advised to say they were the biggest cheaters.

When did I "paint it as if it was just the Yanks?" Read my post again.

I never denied any other team was using. Manny, Papi were juicing. The Orioles, the A's. But the Yankees had several notable players, including pitchers, and they were winning. So they've basically become the poster team for PEDs in the 90's.

Just like the Astros and Red Sox got caught and were winning and will be associated with the sign stealing from here on out. But it's been reported that the Diamondbacks, Indians, Rangers, Yankees, Cubs, Blue Jays, Nationals and Brewers were goofing around too.

if you win and you're part of the cheating buzz, the spotlight is brighter. It just comes with the territory.

The Cardinals were legit hacking other teams and it was basically swept under the rug by the media because they weren't winning.

I really don’t know anyone who has painted the yanks as the poster boys or face for the steroids era more than the power hitters that excelled and numbers became inflated during that time i.e. McGwire, Sosa, Palmer, Bonds.

Exactly this is what I was trying to say. The Yankees were the Yankees of cheating during that era. They had more money so they could afford to pay more cheaters than other teams.

Back
Top Bottom