2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

yea the NL East is really stacked

i still dont think the phils have the pitching to keep up honestly, sure we can score runs but mehh

mlb has us as the 10th best starting rotation, which i can agree with its the BP where it gets shaky

i see phils being 3rd with about 87/88 wins

FB_IMG_1648749108717.jpg

Love this pic man :smokin

Yankee fan but Yadi is the GOAT ...

didnt their pitching fail them down the stretch last year ?
why would they trade away the depth

Paddack has not been good or improved in the last 5 years. Weathers is a good pitching prospect but isn't a top 3 rotation guy.

Padres picked up Nick Martinez who dominated in Japan last season and did good in 2021 olympics.

Mackenzie Gore has been really pitching good and looks like he's ready to pitch at the big league level.

All of these guys I mentioned are battling for the 5th spot on the Padres starting rotation right now in spring training.

I'd honestly give up: Paddack or Weathers, Luis Campusano, and other prospect to get Bryan Reynolds. As long as our top prospect: CJ Abrams, Mackenzie Gore, and Robert Hassell III are not in the deal. Padres are really deep at Catcher position. LF no real true starter with currently Profrar or Beaty. Also need a guy who can slide in and back up and give Trent Grisham a day of in CF.

Hindsight is 20/20 but that Strasburg contract was ill advised by the Nats. That money should’ve been kept in the vault for Soto’s payday.

Back
Top Bottom