2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I actually renewed my season tickets for 40 games next season and upgraded to the field level next season. Even after the Padres increased season tickets by 20% for all season ticket members. I literally did this a hour before the Tatis news broke today.

The Tatis news is a big disappointment of course. But I still like our chances going into the playoffs this season. If the Nats in 2019 and ATL last season can get hot in the playoffs . The Padres can go deep and win the whole F’in thing this year.

Last edited:
I actually renewed my season tickets for 40 games next season and upgraded to the field level next season. Even after the Padres increased season tickets by 20% for all season ticket members. I literally did this a hour before the Tatis news broke today.

The Tatis news is a big disappointment of course. But I still like our chances going into the playoffs this season. If the Nats in 2019 and ATL last season can get hot in the playoffs . The Padres can go deep and win the whole F’in thing this year.

Yup. Braves did it last year without Acuña. Nats without Harper.

You never know!

85e841e971124962ec087755ca6da451.png

face of baseball :smokin

A damn shame about Tatis... most exciting player in baseball. One of the only reasons to tune into that sport these days. Woof.

Haven't been more proud of a player than I am of Tatis right now. Is he a drug cheat? Yes. Is he a great player? Yes. Did the ringworm get better? Hard to tell.

He proudly took his punishment and I respect that as a huge Padres fan.

good way to look at it :lol:

i am curious to see if he gets the same treatment around baseball and from the fans that Arod did or any of the other guys. i honestly think he's so early in his career that people will forget he had ringworm.

hey, Big Sloppy's in the HOF right .... :wink:

A face of a sport is someone people can name without really knowing the sport. Not too many people know who Tatis Jr. is outside of baseball fans. Probably say Judge is the face of MLB. People recognize Mike Trout's name because it's been drilled to us that he's the best player ever over the last few years but couldn't pick him out of a lineup unless he's wearing his Angels jersey :lol:

A face of a sport is someone people can name without really knowing the sport. Not too many people know who Tatis Jr. is outside of baseball fans. Probably say Judge is the face of MLB. People recognize Mike Trout's name because it's been drilled to us that he's the best player ever over the last few years but couldn't pick him out of a lineup unless he's wearing his Angels jersey :lol:

When Ohtani gets more comfortable speaking English and goes to a winning team it’ll be Him imo. Dude gets a lot of out of market/mainstream pub. And he has a baby face and looks like a K-pop idol lol

Back
Top Bottom