2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

FB_IMG_1660589866083.jpg

Dam so November baseball's a regular thing then . That means if u play on a great team like say, the Yankees, you're playing like 10 months a yr :wow:

And Judge is hittin 75 .. SEVEN FIVE .... :smokin

still very salty from this weekend ...

FB_IMG_1660589866083.jpg

Dam so November baseball's a regular thing then . That means if u play on a great team like say, the Yankees, you're playing like 10 months a yr :wow:

November prob just because of the lockout delay to the season. I keep forgetting about the lockout lol.

Has anybody looked at the Breakdown of Tatis Jr contract?
I sure haven't but a coworker brought it to my attention today.
At first I think Meh, probably nothing to worry about, so I looked up his Agent and then other players this Agent Managed to see if previous contracts were of similar structure and I find Tatis Jr structure as a pretty unusual structure(saw similar structure w/ Deshaun Watson Contract)

Well, the...hold on, let me link the Contract
Okay so the first 4years of the contract pay Tatis Jr 24million total+ 2.4million annual bonus +10million signing (34-36million total)
Year 1. 1million w/ 700k bonus
Year 2. 5million w/700k bonus
Year 3. 7million w/700k bonus
Year 4. 11million w/700k bounus
Initial 10million signing bonus..

So 34-36million is paid in the first 4years(roughly 10% of the total contract)
90% remainder or 300million is paid out over the remaining 10years at an average of 30million per year.

Does that not seem suspect? Looking up Riley, Nolan, Seager, Macahado, Lindor and none of them have a structure so weak in the first 3-5years.
He claims that Tatis Jr did this so in the even tthat he was caught cheating it would be in the next 3-5 years and it wouldn't cost him as much over his suspension?

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1660589866083.jpg

So bye-round advantaged teams will have six days off

Has anybody looked at the Breakdown of Tatis Jr contract?
I sure haven't but a coworker brought it to my attention today.
At first I think Meh, probably nothing to worry about, so I looked up his Agent and then other players this Agent Managed to see if previous contracts were of similar structure and I find Tatis Jr structure as a pretty unusual structure(saw similar structure w/ Deshaun Watson Contract)

Well, the...hold on, let me link the Contract
Okay so the first 4years of the contract pay Tatis Jr 24million total+ 2.4million annual bonus +10million signing (34-36million total)
Year 1. 1million w/ 700k bonus
Year 2. 5million w/700k bonus
Year 3. 7million w/700k bonus
Year 4. 11million w/700k bounus
Initial 10million signing bonus..

So 34-36million is paid in the first 4years(roughly 10% of the total contract)
90% remainder or 300million is paid out over the remaining 10years at an average of 30million per year.

Does that not seem suspect? Looking up Riley, Nolan, Seager, Macahado, Lindor and none of them have a structure so weak in the first 3-5years.
He claims that Tatis Jr did this so in the even tthat he was caught cheating it would be in the next 3-5 years and it wouldn't cost him as much over his suspension?

I mean, this sounds like a take that was found or read on Reddit and passed off as his own thinking but nonetheless, **** makes sense a little bit.
could be tied to the BLA he took
maybe the deal was for what he took in in the first few years of a contract and not the total sum of it

I hope not making a move for a started doesn't bite us.

I mean we all thought Walker would be back but they should have made a move just in case...

Back
Top Bottom