2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

1665369168344.png

are dodger fans boycotting the game? :lol:

atlphi.JPG

man people got work on Tuesday :lol:

middle of day during the week....i hate baseball sometimes :lol:

5 pm starts in LA/on the west coast are brutal. Worse than normally terrible traffic getting into the stadium, sun all over the damn place making shadows and fly balls are an adventure, stadium looking half empty

let those east coasters stay up until 1 am :lol:

AYO….

We’re not about to have 30 posts back to back with just videos of the Padres celebrating a Wild Card victory.

Other fans have won a WC series this weekend and you don’t see them acting like clowns.

mr j 858 mr j 858 and DeadsetAce DeadsetAce you guys have like a total of 7 Niketalk accounts between the two of you. Put that in Padres thread and celebrate amongst the two of you.

This is a Baseball thread. Not the Padres thread.

I think the one silver lining in the Mets not getting first is that it better prepared me for this loss. Not getting first was the beginning of the disappointment. I was always more concerned about the Padres than the Dodgers because the Mets had a harder time against them during the year. But it is what it is. Baseball in October is either exhilarating or tragic. And as a Mets and Knicks fan, you have to develop a callus for tragedies. It's part of the fandom. Padres earned their paychecks, Mets didn't.
Honestly I'm ok with losing this one. We became a contender over night in the offseason and it was never gonna happen in the first of the new owner. All the signs were there when we started slipping in September. This team was not ready for the post season like some other teams.
The players need to be told to remember this feeling and hold onto it until next season.
Shame this season went to waste

I don't think Musgrove cheated. His ear did look funny but I'll chalk that up to something else. Bottom line, the offense wasn't there. The game got out of hand quick and the bats didn't respond. I don't blame Buck for what he did, he took a shot and it didn't work. But the team was not playing well. They stunk it up.

AYO….

We’re not about to have 30 posts back to back with just videos of the Padres celebrating a Wild Card victory.

Other fans have won a WC series this weekend and you don’t see them acting like clowns.

mr j 858 mr j 858 and DeadsetAce DeadsetAce you guys have like a total of 7 Niketalk accounts between the two of you. Put that in Padres thread and celebrate amongst the two of you.

This is a Baseball thread. Not the Padres thread.

some celebrate playoff advancements, others celebrate fake records....to each their own *shrugs*

Steve Cohen being the crazy Greenwich, CT multi-billionaire that he is…

I’m scared he’s about to offer Judge 10 years 500 million.

I don't think Musgrove cheated. His ear did look funny but I'll chalk that up to something else. Bottom line, the offense wasn't there. The game got out of hand quick and the bats didn't respond. I don't blame Buck for what he did, he took a shot and it didn't work. But the team was not playing well. They stunk it up.

I don’t think he cheated either, idk how many times I have to say that. But he definitely lied about something being on the ears. That’s just facts.

As for the Mets.

Yea, you guys absolutely didn’t deserve it. Blowing the division was unacceptable. That was bad. But this whole series was pathetic.

I always found it weird that baseball teams have these elaborate celebrations after each round of the postseason.

Winning the pennant..sure.

Winning the World Series...of course.

Winning the wild card is nice especially as the underdog but the champagne and all of that seems a bit much IMO.

Last edited:
I always found it wear that baseball teams have these elaborate celebrations after each round of the postseason.

Winning the pennant..sure.

Winning the World Series...of course.

Winning the wild card is nice especially as the underdog but the champagne and all of that seems a bit much IMO.
Yeah it's a very weird tradition. Definitely understand it after winning the division. It's a 6 month, 162 games grind. Well deserved. But after every round is OD :lol:

Back
Top Bottom