2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

I don’t think they’re using it as a bargaining chip though. I think it’s something they wanted to do but couldn’t because he hasn’t been extended. Would look bad if they made him captain at the beginning of the season and then he bounces the next season.

I'd feel alot better if teams would just mind their business and leave our stars alone ...

I do feel uneasy tho. Say the Giants throw him 50 for 10 ( i know it's a ridiculous # ) , think he turns that down ? I wouldn't . The one thing that seems to be itchin my *** is the whole make him a captain thing. I feel like that should be given as an honor, something earned and respected, not a bargaining chip to get u to stay. Just seems dumb how they keep throwing that out there like Yankees captain is a seat on a throne. No one loves the Yanks like i do but even i find this corny and it won't really feel like it did with Jeter or Mattingly. Not alotta guys got that Yankee C , not something they pass out every yr. So that being something to get him to stay rubs me a way ...
I feel where you're coming from, but do you feel Judge should be Captain already or that he's just not there yet? Has it traditionally been something assigned only to great Yanks after they've won some titles?

I feel where you're coming from, but do you feel Judge should be Captain already or that he's just not there yet? Has it traditionally been something assigned only to great Yanks after they've won some titles?
Mattingly was Captain and didn’t win a title.

Mattingly was Captain and didn’t win a title.
Ahh that's right! He retired a season before they won their first in the 90's right? In that case, why make Judge wait? He's been a hell of an ambassador and does anyone actually hate Judge? I agree it's dumb to pitch the captaincy as a bargaining chip. Smack in the face imo...

Judge has been great and the ideal image of the captain but when it's mentioned all the time it just feels blech ( best word i could think of ).

Maybe it's me but I hate the captain C being mentioned all the time like it's the holy grail of baseball. If it's meant to be it will ...

Captain hasn’t been mentioned all the time though until this year with the season he had and what he’s meant to the yanks.

Captain hasn’t been mentioned all the time though until this year with the season he had and what he’s meant to the yanks.

Nah i been hearing Captain mentioned loosely for at least 2 yrs now. He ain't even got a cool nickname yet, he wants the C :lol:

I honestly have nothing to do at work so thx for humoring me with this :lol::smokin

Doesn’t need a nickname. They’ve been playing off his last name since his first full season with the club. Even have the Judge’s chambers section in right lol.

Yankees aren't winning a championship with or without him.

Hopefully he goes to SF and the fans stop coming

George's son and Brian Cashman are both jokes

I don't think he signs with the Giants. I think he stays with the Yankees.

But man, the Giants have sooo much payroll space this year. Next year they only are committed to $26-27mill. The following is around $3.

They definitely got the money to build this team out. Let's go!

I don't think he signs with the Giants. I think he stays with the Yankees.

But man, the Giants have sooo much payroll space this year. Next year they only are committed to $26-27mill. The following is around $3.

They definitely got the money to build this team out. Let's go!
Keep your realistic SF posts in our thread bro

In this thread we’re over positive thinkers who think we’re gonna land Judge.

#JudgeToSF :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom